MesaWinds - Native American Flutes (now available!)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+1 for breath control! BC2 volume control would be sweet!
-Perry- :D P.S. Shramm...beautiful work on the music!!

Gregjazz wrote:
cunparis wrote:I just purchased a real native american flute and I think Mesa Winds sounds incredible. I have WX-5. Is it possible to use Mesa Winds with my WX-5 and get volume control from my breath?
Does the WX-5 output CC#2? Is that what controller number it uses? I can see about modifying the patch to rely on MIDI input for breath information.
I really have no idea how that CC stuff works. I just plug my WX5 into my VL70-m and it worked fine with Sample Modeling's saxophones without any configuration changes.

Actually, would you mind emailing me a MIDI file containing some data from your WX5 (and Perry, if you have a BC2, that'd be useful too)? That way I have something to work with while I alter the scripting.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Recently I finished another short track with MesaWinds:
listen on soundcloud

P.S. This track implies to be played as loop.
amen.

Gorgeous! I love all the intricate guitar layering you've done, and those MesaWinds lead parts are really expressive.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks, Greg!
I really love your MesaWinds :) And I hope this is not the last your ethnic woodwind, which will please all of us :)

I also hope to have time to buy your acoustic guitar, while the discount is still working :)
amen.

Hi again! This is my new little tune I made for short animation film with using MesaWinds (partially):
listen on soundcloud
amen.

Shramm wrote:Hi again! This is my new little tune I made for short animation film with using MesaWinds (partially):
listen on soundcloud
I listened to your tune and then listened to all the tunes on your soundcloud site. Very nice. I like how you used the flutes.

I'm curious if you're using loops in your compositions?

cunparis wrote: I listened to your tune and then listened to all the tunes on your soundcloud site. Very nice. I like how you used the flutes.

I'm curious if you're using loops in your compositions?
Rarely. I prefer to write melody or harmony by myself. But in this case, in 'The Point Of Brahma' track I used sitar loop just because there's no realistic sounding sitar among sampler libraries and it was very important for me to use exactly sitar.

As for other tracks (for example - orchestral ones) I write all instrumentals by myself, without pre-recorded melodic or harmonic loops.
amen.

Shramm wrote:
cunparis wrote: Rarely. I prefer to write melody or harmony by myself. But in this case, in 'The Point Of Brahma' track I used sitar loop just because there's no realistic sounding sitar among sampler libraries and it was very important for me to use exactly sitar.

As for other tracks (for example - orchestral ones) I write all instrumentals by myself, without pre-recorded melodic or harmonic loops.
What about the percussion, for example in The Point of Brahma? I know nothing about percussion but I know I liked it.

Also what is 1 shot?

cunparis wrote:What about the percussion, for example in The Point of Brahma? I know nothing about percussion but I know I liked it.

Also what is 1 shot?
Percussion was made from sliced Indian loops.
By the way, I like to use percussion loops, recorded by myself. For example in 'Tufian theme' I used all usual things I found at home. The flute was played live:
listen

1Shot is my music band. There two of us: me and my friend MarkeR. We both like breakbeat and orchestral music.
amen.

Hi Shramm. have you listened to "Sitar Nation"? I think they are fairly realistic sitar samples...that being said, I'd love to see an OrangeTree Sitar! What would Greg call it...Orange Tree Date/Fig/Olive? -Perry-

studiocat wrote:Hi Shramm. have you listened to "Sitar Nation"? I think they are fairly realistic sitar samples...that being said, I'd love to see an OrangeTree Sitar! What would Greg call it...Orange Tree Date/Fig/Olive? -Perry-
Sounds good, but not great to me. I'm very meticulous and VERY horrid man, when the question is about realistic performance :) If I hear anything false, I won't use it as a solo instrument.
amen.

Nothing "horrid" about being passionate about your music! ...I sense my wife standing behind me...she might think that's a fairly accurate word. :help:

There is a homemade script for westgate flutes that has breath controller functions with the help of nils xfade. This is discussed in detail on the V.I. control forum. With the right samples to map to this can be accomplished even with existing sample libraries.

Might be worth looking into I know they work great with an Ewi usb.
The sleeper must awaken.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”