Present for you... (Hulusi sample library for Kontakt)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks! This should be fun to play with. I had to look it up online, though, 'cause I couldn't remember what a hulusi was. I have read about them before.

Thanks, Greg!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Not checked this out yet but guaranteed to be of use - Many thanks Greg

Thanks a lot, Greg!

The hulusi is one of my favourite wind instruments. I even own one but have been… let's say, discouraged by my Chinese wife to practise when she's around.

Now I can play to my heart's content using headphones!

Hint: I'd be prepared to pay a premium price for a suona!

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Hint: I'd be prepared to pay a premium price for a suona!
Hen hao a! Of course, good Suona players are hard to come by, so maybe I should start practicing now...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Got this downloaded. Amazing freebie. Thanks ever so much for giving away such à supremely recorded instrument. Even à few fx in there and 3 sustain layers :o

Should be perfect for adding some eastern flavour to my tunes.

Thanks

I had fun recording it! From the manual:

"While it was a difficult process to simplify all the possible articulations, we've included the main techniques necessarily to realistically recreate Hulusi performance. For example, we sampled it with and without vibrato in three velocity layers. We also sampled many nuances of the Hulusi, such as how low air flow in the Hulusi causes a much lower pitch to sound. This affects the both the sound of releases as well as soft attacks in notes. We also recorded breath noises and many other subtleties that add realism to the sample library.

We sampled the Hulusi using a pair of microphones: a rare 50's Shure Uni-Ron ribbon mic and a Neumann KM184 small diaphragm condenser mic. The ribbon mic captured the warmth and fullness of the Hulusi's tone, while the small diaphragm condenser recorded the crispness of the high frequencies. The mics were carefully positioned to maintain correct phase. By using this combination of mics, we were able to capture the beautiful tone of this instrument."
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

And then you gave it away for free :shock:

this is indeed a beautiful present ! :D

thanks Greg :tu:

again right up my alley!!
its truly appreciated.
:D
:This is that soulful, way out sound:
Kaleidoscope Jukebox:::::Soundcloud:::::Downloads

Kudos Greg. This is customer satisfaction to a tee. Another reason why I'm proud to support Orange Tree Samples.

John

Can we see the some results of poll? I'd like to see what library we are waiting first, and what are our preferences :) :love:

Oh, acoustic guitar is still next! I'm actually working on it right now. I'll be putting up blog posts about it very soon. It's a lot of work, but I want to get this done perfectly (or as close as possible).
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

By the way, here's a quick snapshot of the micing for the Hulusi:

The phasing between the two mics was perfect, and the SDC and ribbon mic complemented each other so well. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Greg
I didn't subscribe to the newsletter in time. Anyway to get it, and the "surprise?"
Thanks
:?:

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”