Evolution Acoustic Guitar "Steel Strings" (Introductory discount EXTENDED)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gregjazz wrote:I was thinking about making the chord detection completely definable (there would be a base factory definition, of course). On that topic, do you guys want inversions detected as being the same chord, or separate chord? Maybe I should just make that an option per chord definition. That way if you want to assign different chord positions to different inversions, that's a possibility.
I want different chord inversions played on the keys to correspond to different guitar chord positions of that same chord.

Hey Greg,

last night was the first with acoustic evolution. It is simply amazing!!!!
I love it. Thank you for this wonderful product.

If you are interested, here's a little piece that I set up yesterday playing around with the finger blues preset...

<a href="http://soundcloud.com/de-signs-biz/a-good-life-preview" target="_blank">soundcloud.com/de-signs-biz/a-good-life-preview</a>

Cheers Dirk

Edit: I forget to mention, track "Imagination" in my soundcloud profile features a lot of EEG :) Let me know what you think.

Here's a nice click-y link for the above post:

http://soundcloud.com/de-signs-biz/a-good-life-preview

Wow--this sounds incredible! I love all those little touches you put in the guitar track, the string slaps, body hits, and little strums here and there. It all sounds fantastic!!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks Greg, only because you have created an incredible library! Can't tell you enough that you made my day/week/year - whatever. I have been waiting for this for quite a long time..

Okay, could have taught acoustic guitar myself in that time... However, hopefully there will be more tracks to come :)
I am a multimedia designer and composer from near Berlin / germany. You can listen to my sounds at
http://www.soundcloud.com/de-tune or buy royalty free tracks on my audiojungle portfolio http://www.audiojungle.net/de_signs?ref=de_signs

de-signs wrote:Hey Greg,

last night was the first with acoustic evolution. It is simply amazing!!!!
I love it. Thank you for this wonderful product.

If you are interested, here's a little piece that I set up yesterday playing around with the finger blues preset...

<a href="http://soundcloud.com/de-signs-biz/a-good-life-preview" target="_blank">soundcloud.com/de-signs-biz/a-good-life-preview</a>

Cheers Dirk

Edit: I forget to mention, track "Imagination" in my soundcloud profile features a lot of EEG :) Let me know what you think.
Man, that is sweet! Great job!

Greg you should be using this demo on your site! Dirk, you should share that in the Evolution thread in the Samples forum. Also, I hope you don't mind -- I shared it at VI-Control in the thread on Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings. It was too good to NOT share.

- Peter
Last edited by eDrummist on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I agree with the others. Awesome demo! I also commented directly in SoundCloud.

davinwv wrote:I agree with the others. Awesome demo! I also commented directly in SoundCloud.
Oh man, Davin, I clicked on your link and listened to your performances. Wow. You are very talented (I really enjoyed "The Modal Network - Acoustic Jazz Treatment"). I'm blown away at how many really skilled/talented musicians I've heard from the Orange Tree Samples forum. :o

I don't think I'll ever post anything of mine here!

I'm interested in this too,how playable is this one? I mean is it a steep learning curve to make it sound realistic,or can I just play without the keyswitches etc.?

Also what are load times in Kontakt 4?

thanks

@ eDrummist: No, of course I don't mind ;) I'm glad you liked the demo. I will see what I can do to share in the other thread, think I still need one more post to get links working :)
I am a multimedia designer and composer from near Berlin / germany. You can listen to my sounds at
http://www.soundcloud.com/de-tune or buy royalty free tracks on my audiojungle portfolio http://www.audiojungle.net/de_signs?ref=de_signs

I'm interested in this too,how playable is this one? I mean is it a steep learning curve to make it sound realistic,or can I just play without the keyswitches etc.?

thanks
The demo I've posted above features not a single keyswitch. Just a simple midi performance and a little tweaking aftwerwards (mostly concerning the groove to get the slaps in the correct timing).

And thanks to Kontakt 4 patch resve function loading times are extremely efficient. And you can of course purge samples that you don't need to free som ram.

Nice demo man,I went ahead and picked this one up.Hope it's an easy to figure out instrument like the rest of his stuff. 8)

de-signs wrote:

thanks
The demo I've posted above features not a single keyswitch. Just a simple midi performance and a little tweaking aftwerwards (mostly concerning the groove to get the slaps in the correct timing).

And thanks to Kontakt 4 patch resve function loading times are extremely efficient. And you can of course purge samples that you don't need to free som ram.
Good stuff man,thanks for the reply.Downloading now :love:

eDrummist wrote:
davinwv wrote:I agree with the others. Awesome demo! I also commented directly in SoundCloud.
Oh man, Davin, I clicked on your link and listened to your performances. Wow. You are very talented (I really enjoyed "The Modal Network - Acoustic Jazz Treatment"). I'm blown away at how many really skilled/talented musicians I've heard from the Orange Tree Samples forum. :o

I don't think I'll ever post anything of mine here!
Thanks so much, eDrummist! I'm very glad you enjoyed the tunes. I hope to post a funk/fusion treatment of "The Modal Network" soon. You should follow me on SoundCloud if you have an account.

Thanks again!

Hello everyone,

I am facing a tough decision, and hope someone here might be able to help me out.

BACKGROUND: As a guitarist, I'm a pretty good piano player. :) On the guitar, I'm pretty much limited to strumming first-position cowboy chords, and still struggle with barre chords and transitions to distant chords (largely that's okay, as mellow background strumming typically all my arrangements need an acoustic guitar to do). I really *want* badly to improve as a guitarist, though, and am contemplating the purchase of an entry level ($500 or less) acoustic-electric guitar. However, I'm also a 40-year old married father of four who works full time and has numerous outside responsibilities -- so the amount of time I get to spend in the studio is already *extremely* limited. I'm worried that my investment in a guitar won't pay off in the long run simply because I'm never going to be able to invest the amount of practice time it will require for me to become proficient...

... Which brings me to Evolution Acoustic Guitar. I'm totally impressed by every demo I have heard, and am wondering if I wouldn't be better served by purchasing EAG instead of a real guitar. My worry on this front, though, is twofold: 1 - is the amount of "tweak-time" required to achieve the level of quality heard in the demos as much or more than the practice time I'd need on a real guitar, and 2 - for the simple strumming patterns that I'd typically use, is there a noticeable difference in "believability" and natural-sounding tone between EAG and a real guitar when listened to in a mix?

I would really love to hear what EAG might sound like a mix I'm working on. I'm hoping someone here who owns the product might be able to take a few minutes to program the following two simple strumming patterns into K4/EAG and send me a an uncompressed .wav of the result? No need to do any editing, EQ or compression or anything, just the raw file would be ideal. The patterns are very short (only a few measures long) and very straightforward (no finger-picking, just pure strums). I would even consider PayPal'ing someone a few bucks if that's what it takes. The tablature for the two patterns can be seen in the .jpg here (click "large" for best view):

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?xntaui0t60snq30

Even if you don't feel like helping me out, if you take a moment to look at the tab, in 3 minutes you can teach yourself the entire chord-progression to one of John Lennon's most elegant and lovely songs! If are are willing to send me a .wav, you can get a feel for the style in the original song here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfWEPu0w-7w

I'll be honest, my preference would be for me to buy and learn a real guitar and I'm going to start a similar thread in a guitar players forum asking them to play the same pattern on a real guitar and send me a .wav of it, so that I can compare the two. I'm going to ask real guitarist to prove me that way is better -- just as I'd be so grateful to anyone here who can prove to me that EAG is a better fit for me!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this exceedingly long post, and for any comments or assistance you'd be willing to provide. Whatever I end up doing, Greg, please accept my sincere compliments on what appears to be a superlative product -- the demos are amazing to me.

Best regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Another factor to consider when comparing the pros/cons of investing in a sample library versus buying a real acoustic guitar, is how convenient it is to record. Of course, you can always get an acoustic guitar with piezo pickups so you can plug it into your audio interface via a 1/4" cable, but it's difficult to make an acoustic guitar pickup sound like an actual mic'd acoustic guitar.

Considering myself, even though I own many guitars, it's a lot more convenient to just load up the Evolution guitar sample library than it is to set up mics, test their levels, tune the guitar, etc. The time all that takes isn't very favorable in the moment that inspiration strikes and you need to lay down an acoustic guitar track.

However, if you're looking for something you can play beyond adding a realistic acoustic guitar track to your music, you would be better off buying an acoustic guitar and honing your guitar skills. It's not like you can bring Evolution Acoustic Guitar over to a buddy's house to jam, so in that regard your limited to the studio. It all depends on what you need out of the guitar.

I'll see what I can do with the tablature you attached. It looks like it uses some specific chord voicings, which can be entered into the chord definitions in Evolution Acoustic Guitar's strumming engine. Other than that, it should be pretty straight-forward to sequence.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”