Windcontrollers and Orange Tree Samples

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

This is my first post.What a great site. I've been checking out the forum and have located some really good info concerning windcontrollers as well as other info important to me. Thanks.

I'm considering purchasing some Orange Tree Samples.(Acoustic Bass, Electric Guitar) I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience using these samples with an EWI 4000s and Kontakt 3.5? (or any windcontroller and Kontakt 2-4) If so what are your impressions and what, if any, "tweaking" did you have to do to either the windcontroller and/or Kontakt?

Thanks. Hope to hear from you. 8)

Rob

I'm really interested to read the answer to your question as well. It'll be especially important that the upcoming jazz/rock flute library supports wind and breath controllers as well as traditional MIDI keyboard input.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

No one using them?
Greg, I've posted the same question on some of the other Windcontroller sites as well as searched in these sites for either Kontakt and/or Orange Tree Samples. I've received some info from other windcontroller users concerning programming Kontakt for windcontrollers (controlling CC2 breath - CC7 volume CC11 expression etc). Another member found that by turning off Aftertouch send and instead send "Expression" CC11 instead of Aftertouch worked well. They also turned on the Dynamic Velocity.I haven't found any info concerning Orange Tree except one member used it and had "fun" with it.Regardless,the samples are that good that I'll take the plunge and purchase a few libraries and in the next few months experiment with them.

Oh, I forgot--the guy who played the samples for MesaWinds has a wind controller, so I might get some help from him when it comes to implementing and testing libraries with that system. If you have any questions you'd like me to relay to him, just let me know.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:Oh, I forgot--the guy who played the samples for MesaWinds has a wind controller, so I might get some help from him when it comes to implementing and testing libraries with that system. If you have any questions you'd like me to relay to him, just let me know.
I have a real Native American Flute and a wind controller. If you can add the wind controller support to the Mesa Winds library I would definitely purchase it. My NAF is tuned to a pentatonic minor scale and as a small range (octave + 2 notes) and I'd love to be able to change keys and play other scales with it and have 2 octave range. Which brings up a question: how much range do the flutes in MesaWinds have? Did you extend the range a bit??

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”