Using Mind Control with LA Scoring Strings

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll try hard-coding in these CC #s into Mind Control for you, too.

EDIT: Done! If you want to try it out, please send me an email. Unfortunately I can't just post the updated version here on KVR, because it's essentially the full version of Mind Control.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Greg, I saw on another thread that you said you'd fixed MC to work better with LASS ... but I haven't received a copy. Or do I download it from somewhere ?

Just send me an email and I'll send it to you, since I haven't released it as an official update yet.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Great, will do that now.

You can't beat that for Customer Service!!

Thanks again Greg :wink:

Nope, you can't! :)

I just tested it quickly and it seems to be fixed.

Greg - so that I can give it a proper test, can you tell me how you fixed this. What is it just filtering out those CC's because I thought that may still be wanted in non-LASS usage of MC ?

Basically I just hard-coded in those MIDI CC #s to skip when transferring the MIDI values upon changing slots in the instrument bank. I think the important ones to transfer are really just pitch bend and mod wheel anyway. Transferring CC #7 (volume) would be inconvenient with most libraries, because of the way the default values work.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

How about aftertouch?

You know, that's something to try out, since aftertouch would usually happen after the note is pressed. However, due to the monophonic nature of aftertouch (not including the few keyboards/software that support polyphonic aftertouch), it would be possible to start a note with aftertouch already triggering from a different note.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hey There,

I just purchased Mind control (As in, literally 2 minutes ago) and am very excited to start using it. I am also an avid LASS user - I was wondering, assuming that I'm going to run into the exact same problems as the OP - if it would be too much to ask to get a copy of the modified MC as well?

Thanks so much,

Leo.

Hi Leo,

Absolutely--send me an email (or PM me your email address), and I'll get you the LASS-compliant version. ;)

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi there (hi Gregjazz)!

It is really pitty that the fantastic powerfull MC can't make use of the modulation-controlled dynamic of LASS - this is basicly a very expressive tool. It is not just about volume; the mod-wheel changes also the different the 6 and more dynamic samples, layered into the instrument sound.

The mod wheel works fine only on slot ine. The sound in the rest of them remains unusable: pp - ppp :-(

Any solution?

PapaaDJ

That's strange because Mind Control should be keeping the CC1 value the same when you switch to other slots. So just to double-check what you're running into, you mean that CC1 is only affecting the first slot in the instrument bank, and none of the other instruments in other slots?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

That's a Kontakt bug that was fixed in 5.5.2 (MIDI CCs and pitch bend worked only in instrument bank slot 1). I'm pretty sure PapaaDJ is using 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 which have that bug. Update Kontakt so that it gets fixed.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”