Official Evolution Update Progress Thread

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tonal Master wrote: Hello-Gregjazz :?: ?=what about the Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar library-how it lets you use realguitar(from: music LAB) rhythmic/strum patterns with their product. that is of course inside your sequencer. cuold you and would you implement that please....

:hihi: :hihi: :D :o :shock: :?: :?:
That would be great. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

RealGuitar outputs MIDI, so I'm sure it would be pretty simple to direct that into Evolution. With the way the new playback system works, it should translate fine.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Going to be working on the strumming patterns now. Here's a jam I put together--both the lead and rhythm guitars were played in live:

http://orangetreesamples.com/audio/FusionJazz.mp3
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

The basis for strumming patterns is now also functional in the Evolution guitar engine. I tested it by playing a few chords while holding the strumming pattern key. I put the chord fretting position relatively high, around the 10th fret on the guitar. It can work with complex chords, too, in different inversions. The chords are: Bbmaj9/D, Ebmaj9(add11), Gmin7(add11), and Fmaj(add9).

This was recorded directly from Evolution--no external plugins used.

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... rnTest.mp3
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg,

This sounds promising. The strumming preview sounds pretty good but will need tweaking to sound more realistic.
The Fusion Jazz clip sounds excellent!!!

Can't wait to see how the update for E Guitar is going to turn out!

Gregjazz wrote:The basis for strumming patterns is now also functional in the Evolution guitar engine. I tested it by playing a few chords while holding the strumming pattern key. I put the chord fretting position relatively high, around the 10th fret on the guitar. It can work with complex chords, too, in different inversions. The chords are: Bbmaj9/D, Ebmaj9(add11), Gmin7(add11), and Fmaj(add9).

This was recorded directly from Evolution--no external plugins used.

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... rnTest.mp3

Gregjazz :?: speaking of Chords can i write out my own chords on any string with any inversion in any position :oops: :help: :!: .....

take for example triads: i use 3-different-3-note-combinations other than what everybody else uses... :?: can i write them on the fretboard in any position :?: on any string :?: with out chord detection :?: is there going to be a user chord library that we can write our own chords to be able to use with the strum patterns / the fretboard :?: can we drag and drop those chords / strum patterns into our sequencers :?: can you make the fretboard a fixed position thing: as-in you can write-on the fretboard with your mouse to make chords and single notes :oops: :help:

The chords are detected taking into consideration inversion as well as position on the neck. It will detect a countless number of chords, from basic major and minor chords to altered chords and chords with upper structures.

If you need a very specific thing played on the fretboard, there's a chord mode that will use the exact notes you play. The strumming and strumming patterns apply to those as well as the detected chord system.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:The chords are detected taking into consideration inversion as well as position on the neck. It will detect a countless number of chords, from basic major and minor chords to altered chords and chords with upper structures.

If you need a very specific thing played on the fretboard, there's a chord mode that will use the exact notes you play. The strumming and strumming patterns apply to those as well as the detected chord system.

Gregjazz :?: will that include the position, strings, frets, order of the notes and, the # of notes= iE =from 1 to 6-notes :!:
:?: can you turn off the chord detect system-if i needed to.

:help:

:-o Fact :shock: there are 220-3-note combinations within the chromatic scale.
:!: i would like to be-able to input all of them + their perspective inversions.. :wink: + the position and octaves :-o :shock: :cry: :help: and i would like to do this not as a keyboard player but as a composer using my sequencer :help:
Last edited by Tonal Master on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, there are two modes for the chords:

- Detect chord and automatically fret it, taking into consideration the inversion of the chord, position on fretboard, etc.

- No automatic detection--use the exact notes played for strumming.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz :?: what about: the= You Rock Guitar

:help: :help: :-o

do you have anything new in your program for this :oops: :-o

Oh man so many emoticons.

Tonal Master wrote:Gregjazz :?: what about: the= You Rock Guitar

:help: :help: :-o

do you have anything new in your program for this :oops: :-o
I mean, I guess if you had some plugin or software to translate data from the You Rock Guitar into usable data for Evolution, you might be able to get something working. But the You Rock Guitar is much more limited than even an actual MIDI guitar as a controller, so it would be difficult to take advantage of all Evolution's features using it.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

EEG Strawberry is just a few days away from beta. Here's a little jam in celebration of this. All the guitars were played live, using factory presets. No external effects were used on the guitar tracks either--the tones are straight from the sample library using the built-in stompboxes, amp/cab modeling, etc.

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/TropicalJam.mp3
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

This sounds so great! Can't wait!

Sounds great Greg! :!:

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”