Official Evolution Update Progress Thread

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank for the answer, Greg.

How's it going Greg!? The K4 version of EEG and EAG would be a great Christmas present! Just saying' ... =]

Anyways, I've been thinking... The past few days I had been playing around with Prominy SC again, mainly because I haven't re-downloaded my OTS libraries yet, I am currently downloading them now though =] ... and one thing which I thought I didn't necessarily like about Prominy, I realized is actually really cool... And that is the Pre-Recorded Chords.

Because I'm a guitarist I normally tab out my music, but lately, I've been experimenting with playing on the keyboard, and having pre-recorded chords really helped me move around the keyboard rather quickly!

[My knowledge regarding actual music theory is terrible, as are my keyboard skills.]

Would it be possible to have something similar in the Rhythm or Lead engine of EEG/EAG?
I know that they wouldn't be Pre-Recorded, but you know... Pre----made? If that makes sense... lol

Like, if PowerChords could be triggered by a Keyswitch, and I were to play a C on the keyboard, it would perform the Root Note and the 5th automatically! Thus, making playing chords even quicker and easier!

I think it's a cool idea, but ya' know... That's just what I think!

:wink:

... I realize I've thrown out like 3 different ideas...
... Each that kinda make the other useless... But I do think the String Select Keyswitches are still a good idea... In fact, I think the String Select Keyswitches and the Pre-Made Chords could go hand in hand. The String Select Keyswitch could determine which string the Root Note is performed on, then the intelligent EEG/EAG engine could figure out where the rest of the notes should be performed.

But I guess these ideas are useless if they only make things more complicated, or affect the way other people prefer to work in a negative way... xD

Greg...

I'm a new purchaser of EAG and after a bumpy start I must say that I'm impressed! As a singer/songwriter with limited keyboard/guitar skills I've been trying several "guitarz" as I'll call them...and am surprised at the various approaches being tried. After spending the evening, into the new year, with EAG I must admit it provides the most realistic playing of all my new tools...faithfully replaying my poorly played parts as if I were bumbling around on the guitar! This is a complement, as my 10 year old daughter even remarked..."that wasn't you on the guitar?"

I know you're in the end process of evolution 4 and hope some of my thoughts might be implemented in the new version...

The MOST important item I would love to see, building on your two handed chord playing system, is for there to be MANY more keys devoted to DIFFERENT strums... at least a whole Key group... This would hugely increase the variability of playing and really be superior to the more static strum patterns other "guitarz" use. Naturally, all these should be Tempo Synced!!! for example, the nice slower strum you have on one of the keys is not tempo synced but should be...

You could have a long listing of short, but unique strum patterns, any of which could be assigned to any of the strum keys so a song could be built up using a variety of strums (not just the up, down, slow) over the course of a song, appropriate to the song being created.

I think this would vastly improve the power of strumming without auto strumming patterns that sort of lock you in.

of course, an alternative would be another set of keys (again, an 88 keyboard leaves lots of room for both)which could have complete 4 or 8 bar complex strums... ie sets of strums as oppose to the above which would be shorter bits of different strums...

Just my two cents worth to bring in the new year! And yes... I brought in the new year playing with your wonderful creation...EAG! :love:

Dana
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

Hello Greg, how you doing?

Could you give us a clue about the update progress?
Just to chill out our anxious souls... :wink:

Thanks in advance,
Best!

I'm getting notes hungover in the releases in the rhythm patches. And when using a metal or heavily compressed rock amp sim the notes are really coming out and they aren't pretty. Any one else getting these? I've turned the "noise" knob all the way down and tried both the mute and palm releases. The palm seems to be better than the mute but I still get them even when the noise knob is zero and the palm mute is selected. Don't have this problem in the lead patches.

Actualy, I'd like to see the two combined. The lead variables and the rhythm variables (engines?) because I like the ability to have different strums available (from the rhythm patches) on the lead patches and the ability to choose my own voicings that go with the lead patches on the rhythm patches. I also like the double tracking feature of the rhythm patches... would like to have that on the lead patches.

For now, you might use the C3 string mute key to mute all the strings if notes are ringing past the chord releasing. I'm guessing the notes themselves are ringing, and it's not due to a noisy release sample?

The update (which is coming along really well, by the way) combines both the lead and rhythm playing into a single patch, which should make things a lot more convenient--and simpler as well, actually. And that way the capabilities and features are the same for both playing styles: double/triple/quadruple tracking, tone settings, etc.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure what you mean by "use the C3 mute key".

A little more detail...
1) It's intermittent
2) It only happens when I play a powerchord root/5th on E (E/B) and the only note that carries over now is the dominant 7th (D natural... and it only carries over for an 8th note or so dureation. Doesn't matter whether I lift my right hand or if I play C2 (which maybe the mute key you are talking about?).

Looking forward to the update. What I am asking for, I think, would work much better for people who already know how to voice.

I really like your ideas and the samples themselves are very good. I have Shreddage and like it a lot too, but yours is more versatile and they actually sound quite different. I really like the attack of the Shreddage. Strawberry actually behaves similarly to Electr6city but I like yours better. It's much easier to interface with and I like the strumming keyswitches in the left hand while I chord in the right.

If you can help me out with the hangovers (strings that is :) it would be muich appreciated.

Gregjazz wrote:The update (which is coming along really well, by the way)
Glad to know that!
But could you be a bit more specific? An ETA maybe?
Not trying to hush you at all, take your time and bring us an even more exceptional VI, as always.

Cheers!

Everybody's looking forward to this update, Greg, but feel free to take your time; we'll wait patiently till it's soup. But some pricing info would be welcome, so we can plan ahead and make sure we've got enough pennies in the jar when the time comes.

Update is completely free for owners of Evolution Electric Guitar or Evolution Acoustic Guitar. I still have some work ahead, getting the strumming and chord system working, and then there's the beta process to make sure everything plays smoothly. But I'll be sure to post more pictures, audio, and video as it gets closer to being finished.

Here's a picture of the interface, which I just posted on the Orange Tree Samples Facebook page: Image
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

NIIIICE! :love:

Woohoo! Free is right in my price range. Now I really am jazzed.

It's not terribly important since it's just aesthetic, but is there an option to flip the guitar around? Thinking about it from the perspective of the player, the body would be on the right with the neck on the left.

Either way, it's looking quite nice, and I'm excited to get my hands on it!

Beautiful! Can't wait to try it out :) All the best!
http://www.audiomindproject.com (VST soundbanks - FM8, V-Station, DCAM: Synth Squad, TAL-U-NO-LX, TAL-BassLine, Corona, LuSH-101)

J-Rokujuushi wrote:It's not terribly important since it's just aesthetic, but is there an option to flip the guitar around? Thinking about it from the perspective of the player, the body would be on the right with the neck on the left.

Either way, it's looking quite nice, and I'm excited to get my hands on it!
That's definitely an aspect I spent a while deciding on--not to say I won't consider having an option to flip the guitar around.

The reason I made it from the viewer's perspective is because that's probably the most common perspective non-guitarists have of a guitar. As natural as it feels for me as a guitar player to see the guitar from the player's perspective, I think seeing the guitar from this angle will relate better to people who will watch videos of guitarists playing or teaching guitar.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”