Official Evolution Update Progress Thread

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everybody,

Somewhere along the line I thought I started a thread for Evolution K4, but I couldn't find it--hence this new thread. Though, I think that other thread was just an invitation for feature requests, not an actual progress update thread.

I've been working a LOT on Evolution K4, and you guys are going to be blown away by this update. Just to give you an example, I just tried putting the engine in quad tracking mode. That's if you overdubbed the guitar to create a total of four guitar tracks, all playing the same line with their own humanization. CPU usage hovered around 2% while playing. Granted, it's going to be a little more than that as I add more of the features, but at this point, that's a really good sign in terms of efficiency.

Also, just few featured that I may have not mentioned--I'm hoping to re-introduce strumming patterns in the K4 update in addition to the strumming keys. You'll also have the ability to enable/disable the monophonic nature of the strings. So if you want to be able to play more than one note on a string (General MIDI style), you can do that--WITHOUT losing the ability to use legato/slides. That'll also be great if you use a MIDI controller such as the Ztar or Eigenharp, which has the ability to trigger multiple notes on a single string.

Anyway, I'll be giving you more updates (and audio samples!) as work progresses.
Last edited by Gregjazz on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Sweet! Multiple notes per string...so I could do "surf style" arpeggios using the sustain pedal...and NOT have to think like a real guitar player? :D
-Perry-

I'm not sure why polyphonic strings would be cool (as opposed to being a fundamental violation of the natural laws of the universe), but it sure sounds cool. So I'm excited, too.

Maybe it will keep track of the times you play more than one note simultaneously on a string. Then it'll send you a report card at the end of the month...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Will we be graded on chord spelling as well? :-o

Here's a quick test with the guitar triple-tracked. That's three guitar tracks all playing the same thing (with individual humanization settings!), panned different directions to create a really cool stereo width: http://www.box.net/shared/4p20xbk519h9a2o9gyky
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Very cool. Looking forward to it, Greg.

Hi Greg,

New user here. EEG and EAG are mind blowing with the current release, it's going to be great for the K4 update! :)

Greg! I have an idea...

It's obvious that EEG and EAG are by far the most customizable guitar library out there...

How about making it even MORE customizable by doing this...

I love the Midi Guitar Feature and being able to separate each string by midi channel...

But... this process is kinda' time consuming, so how about being able to select strings using CC's, Keyswitches, or Velocities? (Especially Velocities)

Imagine how quick it would be choosing the strings via velocities. This way you can create accurate chords in the same midi channel!

Is this something that you would consider for the K4 version? =P

I'm excited for the K4 version either way!

Also, you should upload a brutal metal track using Quad Tracking! >=]

:D

Here's the problem I'm currently working on... How do you want to be able to tell the guitar to play legato? What's the most intuitive way?

Commonly it would be: if I overlap a note that's within a certain interval (i.e. major 2nd), and it's not within the time threshold (which would interpret that you want the note to be played simultaneously), then play it as legato.

Obviously, the main hangup there is with arpeggios that you want to be held out.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

When will the K5 Version be released???

Gregjazz wrote:Here's the problem I'm currently working on... How do you want to be able to tell the guitar to play legato? What's the most intuitive way?
Hmm I don't have a problem with the way it work currently. If anything, I'll just create a new layer to tell EEG NOT to play legato, it probably only happen on certain occasion I'm supposed? I'm no guitarists so I think it should work fine, maybe 2~3 layers under the same keyswitch, with 2~3 velocity layers (soft, normal, hard sustain), with legato disabled.

Or, you can make legato with a universal switch like the slide, but with the interval as individual rules within different layers, that'll be nice. The legato switch can be default as disabled, or enabled (which is better, hit a keyswitch/CC to disable it); while the slide remain the way it is - disabled by default, enable when triggered.

Hope that'll give you some ideas. :)

Hi, Greg! What's the progress in making updates? Can't wait!:)

Aloysius wrote:When will the K5 Version be released???
You're supposed to add the smiley face when you're joking... :)

Anyhow, I'm waiting for K6. It will add one new button and make all your existing libraries obsolete.

Sorry!!! :)

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”