OTS products and the upcoming KONTAKT 5 release?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Native Instruments will be releasing a new KONTAKT 5 tomorrow. I was just curious as to compatibility issues with that release. I realize that you have been working on a new release for your products with KONTAKT 4. I also realize that it is probably way too soon to address this issue, since the NI product isn't even released yet. However, I have purchased the Acoustic and Electric guitar software from OTS, and I want to get KOMPLETE 8 from NI to get some of it's new features. Any early opinions on this matter?

Thanks for help on this question and all your past help/info to Greg and all.

Patgee

Anything that works in K4 will work in K5.

Thanks for bringing this up--it's an important subject to address.

First and foremost, Kontakt 5 has backwards compatibility, so current OTS libraries will continue to load in this latest version.

In terms of whether future OTS libraries are developed for K4 or K5, that entirely depends on the functionality that the library requires. At this point I do not plan on developing for Kontakt 5 unless the library requires functionality from this new version. Furthermore, as a lot of users tend to wait and read reviews and people's impressions before upgrading, so I definitely don't want to alienate those who aren't early-adopters. For clarification, the upcoming Evolution Electric and Acoustic Guitar updates will still be made available in Kontakt 4 format (which will also work in Kontakt 5 as well).

For those wondering, here's an overview of the new features in Kontakt 5:

- Many new, great-sounding filters
- Improved sample time stretching capabilities
- Instrument buses, allowing for more complex and flexible effect routing
- Transient and tape saturation effects
- MIDI file playback scripting capability
- Miscellaneous scripting additions

For full details on Kontakt 5, you can visit the official NI page here: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... kontakt-5/
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Just wanted to kind of revisit my question from a few years ago (hard to believe it's been that long).

I'm considering an upgrade of my machine to 64 bit windows 7, NI Komplete 9, and Protools 11, which I'm sure you've probably heard now requires 64 bit AAX 3rd party plugins. Since Kontakt 5 ( and Komplete 9 ) just upgraded most plugins to 64 bit, would there be any problem using OTS software in that environment? I realize that the upgrade of Kontakt 5 to 64 bit is not even a week old, but has anyone tried to use your OTS stuff in 64 bit Kontakt 5?

thanks anyone for your help, and thanks to Greg for being so nice and helpful in all the posts I read here.

sincerely,

Patgee

I've been using Kontakt 5 64 bit in Sonar for quite a while now with no issues with any libraries including OTS.
Perhaps you specifically mean the AAX version of Kontakt 5?
Shouldn't be any issue at all.

Bigjerome,

Thanks for your answer.

I was indeed referring to the AAX 64 bit version of Kontakt 5 (I think its version number is 5.3.0) that was just updated by Native Instruments. I would hate to have to move to a different Guitar software if there were any compatilility issues with OTS software and this recent update by NI. I haven't used Protools 11 yet or even PT 10 for that matter. I've been using my OTS Strawberry and Acoustic Guitar software to this point, using Windows XP 32 bit, with Protools 8 LE, with Komplete 7 (Kontakt 4, 32 bit of course)

thanks again

Patgee

Plugin format has nothing to do with compatibility between various Kontakt libraries. That will all work.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”