Mind Control and Kontakt 5

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does Mind Control work in Kontakt 5 ?

:?: :)

Yes - I installed it in K5 earlier this week. The default install assumes a K4 system. So you need to move a couple of items from the default k4 to the K5 folders, after install is complete. Very easy to do and Greg was really helpful. Well worth the investment with K5, IMHO.

-Ed

Thanks emasters.

I guess I'll be buying Mind Control today then...

Hey!

I'm using Kontakt 5 wihtin VE Pro (slave machine).

I add Mind control to a bank so I can switch using Key Latch (C0 layer 01 / slot 01 etc..).

It works great for the first instrument. Then, I load another Kontakt 5 for another instrument. I set up the same way but now when I try to make MC learn C0 it doesn't hear it.

BUT, if I add MC to the secound slot of scripts then it works...

Very annoying since there are only 4 slots and I need much more than just 4 kontakt 5..

Anyone can Help?

Thx

Don

Hi Don,

With the second instance of Kontakt, are you making sure that the MIDI input channel for the Kontakt plugin is set to the same thing that the Mind Control's MIDI input is set at (click on the settings icon to check). You should be able to have 5 instances of Mind Control running per instance of Kontakt.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:Hi Don,

With the second instance of Kontakt, are you making sure that the MIDI input channel for the Kontakt plugin is set to the same thing that the Mind Control's MIDI input is set at (click on the settings icon to check). You should be able to have 5 instances of Mind Control running per instance of Kontakt.

Kind regards,

Greg
Worked perfectly...Thanks a lot Greg!

Hi Greg-
I have mind control & have only used it briefly in K4.
I want to try again & now I am using K5
Are there default settings in K5 that need to be changed?
Besides the user manual and the YouTube clip is there any other guides , so even a drummer can understand this ? ;)
Best &
Thanks
kgdrum
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Basically all you need to do is copy some files from the Kontakt 4 folders to the Kontakt 5 equivalent, following these instructions:

Copy the file "Mind Control.nkp" from here:
"(User)/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 4/presets/multiscripts/Orange Tree Samples"

To here:
"(User)/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/presets/multiscripts/Orange Tree Samples"

That's for the main multiscript. For the graphics, copy these files:
"MC_decal.txt"
"MC_export_btn.txt"
"MC_import_btn.txt"
"MC_settings_btn.txt"
"MC_decal.png"
"MC_export_btn.png"
"MC_import_btn.png"
"MC_settings_btn.png"

From here:
"(User)/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 4/pictures"

To here:
"(User)/Documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/pictures"

Let me know if that all works!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

OK: did as you said,installed and works. What I don't understand is how you load the samples into it?
Are there instructions , I missed? I haven't worked with banks or MindControl so I am even more confused than usual ;)
Thanks
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Hey Greg,
When was Mind Control last updated?
I checked both my boot partitions and I don't see the png or txt files you referenced.
Has there been an update that I missed?

Depending on your OS, the path might vary... search your hard drive for "MC_settings_btn.png", and let me know if there are no results, since that would indicate that you don't have the latest version.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

That's almost exactly what I did.
I actually searched for mc*.png on all my drives to be on the safe side.

Ah, okay--send me an email and I'll get you the latest version.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I've just checked my Mind Control here. I've got the preset and the 8 other files but the dates look a little odd:

-- Mind Control.nkp - modified: 10 Nov 2011, created: 21 March 2011
-- MC image and text files - modified: 13 July 2010, created 21 March 2011

Are they the latest version? (The Modified dates may be when I installed the files on my system).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That sounds correct to me, since the patch is newer than the images (which haven't needed to be updated).
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”