Passion Flute Tuning Issues (SOLVED)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've noticed several of the samples for Orange Tree's Passion Flute are slightly out of tune. Is this intentional? Really wish this would be fixed because it is kind of a pain to have to go back and tweak the out of tune notes. Hope there is a planned fix for this soon. Otherwise it is a great sound and super flexible.

Thanks!

- Gavin

Yes, the tuning on the low dynamics IS intentional. It's based on the tuning of the flute at those dynamics. When you play very softly, the flute tends to go flat. Likewise, when you overblow notes on the flute, it goes a little bit sharp. However, I actually DE-emphasized this in the script.

If you want, I can probably send you an alternate version of the script without any tuning modeling.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:Yes, the tuning on the low dynamics IS intentional. It's based on the tuning of the flute at those dynamics. When you play very softly, the flute tends to go flat. Likewise, when you overblow notes on the flute, it goes a little bit sharp. However, I actually DE-emphasized this in the script.

If you want, I can probably send you an alternate version of the script without any tuning modeling.
That's what I thought. If you could send an alternate version of the script that would be great!

My clients keep asking me to fix the tuning of the flute so it would make my life a bit easier. Do you want me to send you my email?

Thanks Greg. I really appreciate it. Again, LOVE your work. Keep it up and I'll keep buying em : )

- Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Sure, send me a PM with your email address, or just send me an email directly.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Patch sent! Let me know what you think, and maybe I'll include it in the main Passion Flute download files.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I'd like to try that patch as well Greg. -Perry-

Sent!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Patch sent! Let me know what you think, and maybe I'll include it in the main Passion Flute download files.
Done?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Haven't yet, as I was out of town the past few days, but it seems like the patch works! Of course, the realism of the vibrato suffers a little, since the tuning is completely flat.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”