Passion Flute subtleties with an EWI4000s controller

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Tony,
But I'd much rather wait until things are sorted first.
Cheers.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

you might wanna ignore my posts, lol, because i am pretty sure we can find some fault in any flute sim put out by any company for quite awhile, certainly a decade.

Well I'm checking out that MIDI that you kindly sent--seems like there's plenty of staccato playing to work with, which is really useful.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

cool, yeay!

i clearly need to practice , all that stuff where i screw up and have to try again should be happenin on the first try.

then again if youre able to program it to sound smooth on flubs thats a valuable thing, to me anyways ha.

i figured rather than try to get something perfect id just give you quantity.

Greg,
Just recorded a short snippet of a Cmajor scale played in descent over increasingly fast tempi, starting with legato phrasing and then staccato. I will try to send it to you as an attachment if I can find an email address (either in your profile or on the OTS site). Let me know if it makes things more confusing or not - I am open to be criticised on my technique so have no fear letting me know if that is the case! Thanks.
Always learning....

Thanks, guys!

Just wondering, is there a MIDI utility that acts as a conduit between the wind synth and your DAW's actual MIDI input? To tweak the dynamic range, set other MIDI functions, and such.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Greg,
The chain in my set up is:
EWI4000s (midi out socket) ->
M-audio Uno midi interface ->
USB port on Dell XPS laptop ->
Sonar Producer 8.5 ->
Kontakt 4 ->
Passion Flute (tweaked for sensitivity as recommended on this forum but with no additional scripting) ->
midi channel strip in Sonar through Omni mode (and with no channel midi quantisation or midi fx ->
paralleled with an audio strip for audio output ->
Output Bus (to internal audio card)

It is about as simple as I can make it. Hope that is informative.

Thanks,
Dave
Always learning....

what i sent was wx5 into vl70m and midi out from that, tho the vl70m isnt doing anything to the data its just a thru.

the idea was that youd want it to work with a wind controllers normal settings so noobs have an easier time.

Tony Ostinato wrote: the idea was that youd want it to work with a wind controllers normal settings so noobs have an easier time.
Perfect--yes, exactly. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

no nagging, as i bet this is no easy mountain to climb, im wondering how its going?

anything i can test in any form im glad to do plenty!

Sorry, I've just been bogged down by a lot of projects all at once. Now that the CineWinds Pro has just been released, I'll have more time to work on the Passion Flute update, though!

Don't worry about posting in this thread for status updates (and feel free to email me, too), either. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

im certainly eager to try it out, got a solo in a latin song where it would be perfect.

Still here too - and the only rush coming from me is that I really want to get to play this instrument. I have a VL70-m to stand in at the moment if I need a flute though.
Always learning....

I'll put my hand up too as hanging out for the new patch. :?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

i also have the vl70m onstage but im using passion flute as is before resorting to it. ive got at least as many issues with its sound.

flute is just tough to do. id think whistling and blues harmonica would also be tough to really nail.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”