recording patterns

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello:Gregjazz
the recording your own patterns does not seem to work.

now i am using Presonus studio one V2.05
and kontakt 5.

everything else seems to work fine, but the recording of your own patterns dont.
does it have something to do with kontakt 5?

now i can load the preset-patterns fine.

there is no naming scheme in this product for when you load a rhythm-pattern into any slot?
:shock: :cry:

so for now does anyone else have this problem.

or just call me stupid :help: :cry: :?:

After you're done recording the pattern, does the "arm" button automatically reset? You should also be seeing the sequence buffer increase with each strum used.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz

if reset means disarm the record button yes.

the ?-buffer :help:

The status display is between the "Arm" button and the "Save Pattern" button. After you write your strumming pattern in your DAW, you press the "Arm" button and then let your sequencer play the strumming pattern all the way through. While it's playing, you should see the status show how much of the buffer is used. If not, I would assume that somehow it's not receiving input.

The next two tutorial videos I'm making are specifically about using strumming patterns and making your own strumming patterns, so that should help, too.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

no that display does not a thing at anytime of the recording, before, during, or after.
so that means there is no input being received, so how do we fix this. is it a kontakt 5 thing. :-o :-o :-o

Can you check out this video tutorial? That way you can see if you're recording it the same way I am. When you press "play" in your sequencer to transfer the strumming pattern into Evolution Electric Guitar, you hear it play in its entirety, correct?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Can you check out this video tutorial? That way you can see if you're recording it the same way I am. When you press "play" in your sequencer to transfer the strumming pattern into Evolution Electric Guitar, you hear it play in its entirety, correct?
if there is a video link then i would. i do hear it in its as i press play when i press the stop button the arm-button shuts off

jjst give me the link to this video, and i will try. :shock: :-o :o

Oh wow, sorry--I completely forgot to include the link. Here's the link to the tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5H4lOev9no

It's just a guess in case there's one step that you're missing. If the arm button is turning off when your sequencer stops, that indicates that it IS recognizing the sequencer play/stop states. The real test is whether or not that little display reads anything in terms of the input buffer.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ha, Greg beat me in posting the link :D

Gregjazz....

Now i get it, it only records the up and down strokes / key switches

Tonal Master wrote:Gregjazz....

Ahh, yeah--it records up/down strokes as well as the single string strums (above the main playing range). It will also record effects, if you have any mapped.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:
Tonal Master wrote:Gregjazz....

Ahh, yeah--it records up/down strokes as well as the single string strums (above the main playing range). It will also record effects, if you have any mapped.
WHAT?=It will also record effects.. :-o :-o :-o :-o :D

now the Manual don't say stuff like this, so we need more videos please..

like 1-on automating the fretting Knob so you can use it in your sequencer..

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Tonal Master wrote: WHAT?=It will also record effects.. :-o :-o :-o :-o :D
It was mainly so you could have string slaps in your pattern. Though you could also use it to play a fret noise at the end of each measure or whatnot.
Tonal Master wrote: like 1-on automating the fretting Knob so you can use it in your sequencer..
Absolutely! Any other tutorials you'd like to see? I should also make some more screencasts--longer videos just showing how to write out an actual guitar part for a song.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

video tutorial?

please Sir may i have more porage? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :hihi: :help: :D

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”