Loading Strumming Patterns

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're right--I actually have a couple of MIDI patterns that could be easily converted to Evolution's native strumming pattern format for starters. The nice thing is that the same pattern files will work in both EEG Strawberry as well as EAG Steel Strings.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg, i cannot work out how to get to the rhythm guitar pattern creator and also cannot locate the blank preset! what am i missing thanks in advance,also the size of the library is only 1.63gb! i have tried many time unrar but always the result is 1.63gb is this the reason i cannot locate the rhythm presets? in fact there is no preset folder altogether!

The blank preset is called "- Init Preset -.nka". It's in the data folder where all the other presets are.

As for the strumming patterns, check out these two video tutorials on how to load and use them as well as make your own patterns:

http://youtu.be/0rC9cZKGuDo
http://youtu.be/y5H4lOev9no

The built-in pattern editor was discontinued a while ago because of its limitations--for example, using triplets and more complex rhythms as well as patterns longer than a measure. The nice part about the new system is that you can create the pattern within your DAW itself, giving you a more familiar work environment as well as all the creation capabilities accessible there.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg,

I have the following problem:
If I try to load a strum pattern, the pattern folder is not availlable in Kontakt!? (But it is availlable in the finder! - see that screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdeaijk0rct8p ... ttern.tiff)
Additionally, I get the error when trying to load a guitar file (from the 'Data' folder): "The array file is not compatible to the destination script array!"
I'm in OSX 10.7, Logic 9.1.8, recent Kontakt 5.

Any ideas? :help:

Just responded to your email--hopefully we'll be able to solve this!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Just responded to your email--hopefully we'll be able to solve this!
Yep, everything's fine now, thanks again.
For the record: sometimes the bug is the one in front of the monitor :hihi:

Gregjazz wrote:You're right, I should release more strumming patterns. As far as a built-in strumming pattern editor, I've been thinking of making a separate scripted interface for that, just because of the convenience and ease-of-use.
Such a guitar strummer/arpeggiator would be super cool! Maybe something that could be used with other sample sets as well for further flexibility (producing hybrid sounds etc.)?

Right now I'm working on the designs for the next Evolution guitar engine. It seems like I'll just built the strum pattern editor inside the patch, and that way it can connect directly with the individual strum keys as well as the chord definitions.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Isn't that like the first version of the strumming engine? A separate solution might have the benefit of separating the sounds from the strumming, i.e. you could easily switch sounds/instruments without changing the strumming? Hey, but I am pretty sure you will come up with something really cool, as always. :-)

tq wrote:Isn't that like the first version of the strumming engine? A separate solution might have the benefit of separating the sounds from the strumming, i.e. you could easily switch sounds/instruments without changing the strumming? Hey, but I am pretty sure you will come up with something really cool, as always. :-)
The very first strumming engine was very limited in Kontakt 2--with all the new improvements in Kontakt 4, especially with the interface capabilities, the new strumming system should be very convenient to use for quickly creating realistic strumming patterns.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”