Loading Strumming Patterns

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just curious....I'm not able to load in strumming patterns in the new update. Anyone know what I might be missing? it tell me "The array file is not compatible to the destination script array!" Any thoughts. Thanks

Spencer

Change the first tab to "Mapping", then change the second tab to "Strum Patterns" and click on the "Load Pattern" button to load strum patterns.

Yeah--the main "Load" button is only for guitar presets. For the strumming patterns, you load them in the "Mapping" / "Strum Patterns" section, so that you can specify which key you want the pattern to be loaded into, etc.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

...and make sure you change to the 'strumming patterns' folder (seems obvious, but if you try to load one of the guitar presets into a strummung pattern you'll get that error message!)

hey guys, fo9llowed all of the tips above - to the letter....*still* got the same message/result as the OP? I'm using Kontakt 5.1 in Digital Performer 8.04 on Mac 10.8.3/64bit

I have an idea of what's causing this... is there any chance you can email me the exact strumming pattern file that's causing the problem? I just want to check something...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

geez, Greg - posting a problem to you is like (finally) going to see the doctor....*GUARANTEED* that whatever problem you had prior to the visit....it *WON'T* present itself, once you get there!!!

And so it is with me! For no reason that I can think of, all of the strumming patterns are now happily loading in both K5.1 standalone and K5.1 plug in Digital Performer!

But fear not....now that I've got the strumming function working, I'm *sure* that more questions will follow!

In the meantime, I've got this little problem with my left foot?..... :wink: :wink:

williemyers wrote:geez, Greg - posting a problem to you is like (finally) going to see the doctor....*GUARANTEED* that whatever problem you had prior to the visit....it *WON'T* present itself, once you get there!!!
Hahah, I just had that happen a few months ago--had this weird twinging on the right side of my stomach for like two weeks. Of course, it went away completely the day before the doctor appointment. I bet doctors run into that all the time, though.

Back to Kontakt...

One of the weird things I've run into with both Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5 is that sometimes when you load arrays (e.g. an NKA preset in EEG / EAG), it will display that incompatibility error. Try again a second later and it works fine. It seems like that occurs more often when your DAW is in the middle of playing the sequence as opposed to being stopped.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

ican't get the strummer to start playing a pattern. any advice would be appreciated. thank you

i have real guitar.aas guitar. virtual guitar ILYA EFIMOV ACOUSTIC GUITARar. this guitar i cannot even get started with it.i want to use it for a strummer.the patterns sound terrible the manual is of no help. is there anyone that can get me started.thank you.

Have you checked out all the video tutorials on using the strumming engine in Evolution guitar?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

the fault has been mine.i expected more then what i got.i expected alot more patterns and a strummer where icould edit the patterns.i have to say though that this plugin is the best by far for midi track playback and i have the best to compare it with.and with the tweeking functions its exellent.

You're right, I should release more strumming patterns. As far as a built-in strumming pattern editor, I've been thinking of making a separate scripted interface for that, just because of the convenience and ease-of-use. And if you need more flexibility, you can always use the current method, which lets you make your strumming patterns directly in your DAW (and then record them into the Evolution engine to make a portable strumming file).
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

thanks for the imput. i generate most midi tracks in band in box.this guitar program is perfect for that. while all the samples and guitar programs ihave sometimes have there little quirks.i have a suggestion you wouldn't need many patterns if you had a pattern window where patterns could be edited.what would really make it stand out would be a randomizer or a regenerator.if you decide to do that let me know i'll be first on the list.
thank you.

Gregjazz wrote:You're right, I should release more strumming patterns.
Greg, I for one am all for that. One of the strengths of Real Guitar is the huge pattern library. In a perfect world I'd have that library play your samples. :)

Hope you're not offended. I would pay for an expanded strumming pattern library.

Best to you and keep up the excellent work!

Dave-

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”