Sustaining Notes

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to get a note (in EEG) to last more than 5 seconds. It seems to peter out at that point no matter what effects I try.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

Are the notes just cutting out completely? Or are they simply decaying too fast?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

It goes pretty steady for 4 seconds, then dies out in about 1/2 a second. Not a bad taper, but too fast, and I'd like to have the note last longer.

Thanks.

That sounds a bit unusual--is there any chance you can email me or post a recording of some notes so I can get a sense of what might be going on?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I could e-mail something, but it's just holding down a single note on Kontakt's keyboard. I've discovered that lower notes seem to last much longer. I was shooting for an A6, and that lasts about 4 seconds. But, several octaves lower, the note lasts about 10 seconds.

Is that inherant in guitar playing? If so, I could carefully splice a few notes together I suppose.

Thanks.

Yeah, the decay on the high notes is much shorter than the lower notes. Try playing the notes at a medium velocity, since at the highest velocity, sometimes the decay relative to the initial attack volume sounds shorter.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”