Mesa Winds request

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg
I love the Mesa winds. I have a request. There are patches in different keys . Even if I load them all up in Kontakt and assign them to the same midi channel They are not continuous (There are some missing notes in the middle) Maybe this is because the original instrument didn't have those notes. Is it possible to have a custom/extra patch so I can have more continuous notes that I can use in a single patch.
Another general suggestion. I own many of your products and know you keep updating your products; I thank you for that. Is it possible to indicate the current version number of your product on your website and display it in the GUI also? This will help us to check if our product is the most recent version. I don't know if others would find this useful too. Please consider this if there are enough people who would like this.
Regards
Josiah

yes: I for one would find it useful if the different releases were numbered and dated, both on the web-site and on the interface panel...

If you switch the mapping dropdown to "Chromatic", it'll stretch the samples to all the notes to fill those gaps.

Yeah, I'm still working out a system for proper version numbering. Hopefully it'll be something I can integrate with a sort of user area / re-designed website.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

:oops: Ooooops Lazy ol me I completely missed it. Thanks Greg and sorry for troubling you :oops:
Gregjazz wrote:If you switch the mapping dropdown to "Chromatic", it'll stretch the samples to all the notes to fill those gaps.

Yeah, I'm still working out a system for proper version numbering. Hopefully it'll be something I can integrate with a sort of user area / re-designed website.

Gregjazz wrote:If you switch the mapping dropdown to "Chromatic", it'll stretch the samples to all the notes to fill those gaps.

Hello, I just bought mesa winds and I love it!

My question is on the A flute. The "traditional" mapping has a c# but no c? Aren't traditional flutes minor pentatonic?

Can someone verify this?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

My guess would be that the A flute is usually played in a B minor pentatonic scale. All these flutes were recorded in their natural keys.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ok, I guess as I am learning to play the actual Native American Flute, it just didn't make sense, but I imagine that there are some special flutes out there?

I did notice that there is indeed a high B in the "A flute" set.

Anyway, great job on the Mesa Library, it is great, and highly realistic and playable! :D

I'll have to ask the Native American flute player next time I talk with him--hopefully he can explain the natural layout of the flutes, etc.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:I'll have to ask the Native American flute player next time I talk with him--hopefully he can explain the natural layout of the flutes, etc.
Greg, woops, I should have read the manual before posting!

"All of the flutes with the exception of the A flute are tuned to the typical pentatonic scale that is missing a true 2nd note. An approximation of a chromatic scale is possible using cross-fingering or half-covering sound holes, which is what I have done here.

The A flute's scale includes a 2nd but is missing a minor 3rd. You may find that if you endeavor to work within these basic pentatonic scales, the inner beauty of the flutes will sound forth more brilliantly than with chromatic scales. But the choice is yours."

So, there you have it, should have read that before posting.

Thanks again for a great library!
:D

Oh wow, I didn't even remember that from the foreword the NA flute player wrote. Glad it answers the question!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”