Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings - Update Released!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg,

Yes, you are right with the built in effects. When I load the default without any defects the CPU is at 12-14 %. With effects and double tracking it can go up to 40%. I guess I need to work with external effects. I wonder a bit why those built in effects are more CPU consuming than an external effect suite such as PODfarm. Anyway, thanks for your generous update!

cheers,
Rolf

Hi,
I am feeling like being a beta tester for OrangeTree Samples:-(
I am trying to use 'Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings' with Kontact 5 since several weeks now and it crashes Logic pro 9 every 5 minutes, even in very small projects...i.e. with only two guitar tracks. This drives me really nuts!
I first was using my 2core 2,8 GHz macbook pro 15'' with 8 GB, which already shouldn't be so bad at performance. Anyway, I decided to buy the most performant iBook on the market now: The 27'' with Intel Core i7 4core, 3,4 GHz and 16 GB of memory. Now I seem to be able to add as much Kontakt 5 instruments to my projects, as I please... but not Steel Strings! As soon as I add guitar tracks with Steel Strings I get into trouble. Even using only 2 guitar tracks lead to a very unstable DAW, i.e. it crashes about every 3 minutes!!!!... without using any fx or other instruments!! whereas the processor measurements don't show any performance problems at all???
By the way, all my software is updated, i.e. running the actual version.

Please Help!!!...I am working on a jingle and time is running out.

Manx thanx in advance,

kcwondi

That's actually the exact issue I'm trying to figure out through beta testing. Apparently it works fine in Kontakt standalone, and Kontakt 4, but Kontakt 5 in Logic Pro causes persistent crashing. I'm not sure if this is the case with all Logic users, or just specific setups, so that's one thing I'm trying to figure out.

I've spoken with Native Instruments about the issue, but they claim that the problem is with Logic itself, and not Kontakt. I'm not sure if that's really true, seeing that it works fine in Kontakt 4 in Logic Pro.

Please send me an email (greg@orangetreesamples.com) so I can resolve the crashing issue for you as soon as possible.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanx Greg for the prompt answer! Its good to know that you care about your customers, which is not always the normal case, especially by big well-known software companies ;-) I'll contact you via e-Mail.

Can anyone who has RealGuitar (as I do) and the new version of EAG tell me how they compare for rhythm and chord style playing, which is my primary use?

Is it possible to combine the re-introductory pricing with the cross-grade?

ptheisen wrote:Is it possible to combine the re-introductory pricing with the cross-grade?
Absolutely, the crossgrade discount will combine with the re-introductory discount.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks so much for the quick reply about the pricing, Greg. That makes it pretty tempting.

Now if I just had some idea of how easy or flexible or powerful it is for rhythm and chords compared to RealGuitar! I have read the manual for both the old and the new version of EAG, but there's not all that much description of how it works in that department, so it is a bit hard to know. Anyone have any comments?

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”