Wish list for acoustic guitar steel strings.

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had a chance to play around some more with the steel strings guitar. Beautiful sound, and the interface gives you a ton of control.

Here's my wishes so far.

If I go to the mono strings play mode and play adjacent keys like c3 to c3# then it seems like the volume levels of the slides are really inconsistent to the point of almost being useless to me. For instance, going up in half step slides from C3 to C4, E3 to F3, really soft, F3 to F3# very soft, F3# to G3, soft, then the rest of the keys are normal. Anywhere on the keyboard there seem to be these really soft notes occasionally that when you hit all of a sudden it's like the sound disappeared. I know that there are occasional non slidable notes due to open strings but thats not what I'm talking about. And if I do make everything sound good and then tranpose a part via midi to a higher or lower key, same problem with the soft notes.

Maybe this is all realistic in the behavior of the guitar, but it does not work for performance for me. The workaround of course is not to use this mode, but sometimes it would be nice to have those slides without worrying about inconsistent note volume.

Btw, this is kind of the same problem that I had with the Cherry bass before the update. The picked version used to be especially inconsistent when sliding or doing hammer-ons to certain notes. Great now.

Wish #2: Strum sound with fully muted strings. Almost like Harmonic sound #1 without the harmonics, just that string strumming sound. Great for layering or adding between stums. I also sometimes feel like I can use even more of the pick noise sound then the interface provides. I can always get the strum sound from other sources, so not a big deal but would be great to have all under the same interface/sound.

Wish #3: White keys for fingerpicking mode. Chromatic on the first string only(double triggered one) eg: C6, C6#, D6, E6, F6, G6, A6. Sometimes my fingers need a little more room:) when your pressing down like 4 or 5 chromatic keys at the same time.

Anyways, great job even if there are no further changes. Definitely more than usable.

I would very much like half mute and especially full mute strum keys, kinda like in the old rhythm patches.
When playing live, i find it impossible to switch quickly to a mute sound and back for fast strumming, having the strum keys made this very easy and intuitive.
Andy is a support ninja.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”