half bend and full bend with eeg strawberry.

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi Greg!

I'm a happy owner of EEg strawberry which I use with Shreddage for my composition (I'm a guitarist too) and I would like to know if there's a way to perform a real half bend and and full bend without using the moodwheel!
Thanks

You wouldn't use a modwheel, but pitch bend wheel rather.

And I don't think there's any other way...

MusicLab can do this under the Keyswitch (KS) called BEND. Sounds great. Would love to know if Orange Tree can do it too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

yes sorry i meant the pitchbend wheel.have you tried it for this purpose?

Yeah, pitch bend works very well. Gives you the best control over the bending range and amount, IMHO.

I'd just wish Greg updated it so we can have different pitch bend ranges for up and down motions.

EvilDragon wrote:I'd just wish Greg updated it so we can have different pitch bend ranges for up and down motions.
That's on the list for a mini-update as well as a few other things. ;)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Perhaps I've worked in the piano roll of Fl10 drawing pitch automation (I prefer using this method instead of moving the pitchweel of my keyboard) and it sounds very good! So if the result is relistic do we really need ks for bending??
Another question:is there a way to decrease the volume of chordstops,fret noises and other sounds??

I'm having aome difficulty doing slides with the pitch wheel. I like playing realtime as opposed to working with the piano roll. I do understand that sometimes it's easier and perhaps necessary to modify midi this way. Where I'm having the most difficulty is performing a phrase that involves playing a bass note then strumming two notes. This requires both hands so I can't use the strum keys. Perhaps it's the way I'm performing the phrase but when the pedal controller was an option I could accomplish a slide realitime by stepping on one of my controller pedals and then playing the last triad up/down a maj2nd. Since both hands are being used I can't use the pitch wheel realtime and I'm not sure how I could accomplish the same thing by modifying the piano roll. Sometimes the slide is recognized automatically when I perform the maj2nd legato (and maybe holding the sustain pedal), but I can't do this consistently.

Any thoughts?

Yeah it would be useful to be able to temporarily enable
automatic sliding between notes within a user defined range

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”