turn off legato in evolution acoustic guitar ?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !
I try to write an accompaniment guitar in arppegios with Sibelius. For the sake of be really realistic I use the "mono strings" mode with a Ped. symbole (sustain pedal down).
I have some trouble because some notes are played in legato mode and I don't want that.
I wonder if there is a mean to completely swiching off the legato playing (even if notes overlap). I had already try the "poly strings" mode but all notes are resonating too much then.
Thanks in advance :)!

cythael

With the strings in "mono" mode, if you play more than one note on a single string, it will play the note as legato. The "legato range" control is really just to give you a range in which the legato is certain to trigger, particularly in the poly strings mode.

Your best bet to remove the legato is to set the legato range to "off", and use the poly strings mode. That way you'll be able to overlap notes without having it result in legato articulations.

I might see about adding a "re-attack" legato option in the future, which would make it so that instead of playing a legato interval, it would strike a new note. If that sounds useful, I'll add it to the list for the next update.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”