Evolution Rosewood Grand - UPDATE NOW RELEASED!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, Orange Tree Samples is proud to announce Evolution Rosewood Grand, an extensively-sampled Yamaha C7 grand piano sample library.

Evolution Rosewood Grand has a beautiful tone and accurate response right out of the box, capable of playing everything from hard-hitting rock to soft ballads. Backed by powerful scripting, Evolution Rosewood Grand includes rich sympathetic resonance, advanced pedal techniques (re-pedaling, half-pedaling), and modeled damper motion for realistic re-attacks. Evolution Rosewood Grand has 12 dynamic layers and 2x round-robin.

Its interface allows you to customize the velocity response curve to suit your preferences as well as set the soft polyphony limit for intelligent voice conservation. The interface also lets you fine-tune elements such as the release volume, hammer release volume, pedal noises, as well as the damper pedal ambience level. To top it off, Evolution Rosewood Grand includes a high-quality EQ, compressor, and reverb--all conveniently built into the library's interface.

Teaser video: http://youtu.be/N2a2WpMHLkA

MP3 audio: http://orangetreesamples.com/audio/ERG_Promo_Song.mp3

Audio demos:
Audio Demo #1: Sunny Side Up
Audio Demo #2: Cloud Gazers
Audio Demo #3: Miss Rose Wood (Charlotte Partt)
Audio Demo #4: Think Inside The Box

Price:
We're currently having a $40 OFF introduction sale on Evolution Rosewood Grand, so you can pick up your copy today for $139 (regularly $179)! This discount offer will expire on February 28th.

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in Kontakt 4+ format only. It requires the full retail version of Kontakt, so it is not compatible with the free Kontakt Player.

Visit the product page here: Evolution Rosewood Grand piano sample library for Kontakt

Or you can click here to order Evolution Rosewood Grand directly
Last edited by Gregjazz on Wed May 22, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Purchased and installed this morning. Really enjoying the library but I am a bit surprised that a library of this quality does not support the sostenuto pedal.

Am I missing something completely or was this something you were planning on adding at a later date?

Kind regards,
Rick

Hi Rick,

I wasn't sure if people would be interested in a sostenuto pedal feature, but that's something I can add to the library. It DOES include the soft pedal, so at least that's one more pedal covered. ;)

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks for the quick reply Greg,

Yeah, The soft pedal really sold me on the library so much that I bought a half damper pedal for my Korg Oasys. It takes some getting use to on a midi controller vs. a real grand/damper/strings but changes/improves the whole ball game for a VI piano.

I do hope that the sostenuto can be added at some point in time as I find it to be a major feature for solo piano work.

Just a couple of OT things.

Wanted to say that the download server was Great this morning. It was the fastest I have ever been able to download anything.

The install process was a breeze and I was up and running in no time.

Also, still looking forward to the Rick library. Can't wait even though I have to... :-o

Kind regards,
Rick

How large should the samples folder be after extraction?

I'm getting this error message in UnRarx 2.2:

Evolution Rosewood Grand/Samples/Staccato RR1/Stacc_RR1_Dyn11_53.ncw - CRC failed
Unexpected end of archive
Total errors: 2

I'm on a Mac OS 10.8.2

The samples folder should be 4,271,343,560 bytes, and the samples RAR files should be these sizes (just to make sure that no downloads finished incomplete):

EvolutionRosewoodGrand-Samples.part1.rar - 750,000,000 bytes
EvolutionRosewoodGrand-Samples.part2.rar - 750,000,000 bytes
EvolutionRosewoodGrand-Samples.part3.rar - 750,000,000 bytes
EvolutionRosewoodGrand-Samples.part4.rar - 750,000,000 bytes
EvolutionRosewoodGrand-Samples.part5.rar - 750,000,000 bytes
EvolutionRosewoodGrand-Samples.part6.rar - 474,619,793 bytes
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks, Greg. Part 2 was the culprit. I'll try downloading it again.

We just released an update for Evolution Rosewood Grand--here's what's new:

- Doubled the audio content with the addition of separate mic perspectives.
- Completely re-processed samples with cleaner denoising.
- Added sostenuto pedal support (MIDI CC#66).
- More factory presets for additional instant piano tones.

There is also a new $40 OFF competitive crossgrade discount available for Evolution Rosewood Grand. If you own a competing piano sample library, you can now access this bonus discount. See this page for more information: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/kontak ... e-discount
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Really tempting with that crossgrade discount Greg, I've not seen a great deal of discussion on this ... surprising going by your usual quality.

Have to say this is the best piano library I've tried to date!

I also have Garritan Steinway Pro, PianoTeq 4 Pro, Alicia Keys and True Pianos.

This library sounds so much more alive and soulful. It plays beautifully and has great character. Evolution Rosewood Grand has replaced all my other piano vsti's on my current projects!

Appreciate the feedback Dickie, I definitely like your description of the sound.

I also have this and Pianoteq 4 Pro, and I really appreciate Greg's prowess with scripting (as he already knows :)), but it definitely doesn't match the playability level of Pianoteq - and I say this with utmost respect to the work Greg has done.

Also it doesn't help that I don't particularly like Yamaha's grands, but that's not Greg's fault, and is beside the point. :P

Yes PianoTeq is extremely playable but whilst the sound is getting a lot better, it still has some way to go. PianoTeq has masses of potential though!

I own both ERG and PianoTeq 4 pro. I really don't think it would be accurate to make a direct/general comparison between the two as ERG is sample based and PianoTeq is modeled. Plus, PianoTeq 4 Pro will set you back around $500, more if you want add-ons.

When I compare ERG to other sample based libraries I am extremely satisfied with the results, even if it is a Yamaha.. :wink:

Kind regards,
Rick

Well I don't like grapefruit but I do like oranges, especially fresh from an Orange Tree! :lol:

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”