Stratocaster?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg,
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm sure it would have, but I searched and could not find. Anyway, the question I wanted to ask is, do you have any plans to do an evolution Stratocaster in the near future? I have both Evolution Strawberry and Evolution Acoustic and at this stage would like to stay Orange Tree with my guitar libraries.
Thanks
Matthew

Hi Matthew,

When I sample a Stratocaster for the Evolution guitar series, I'd want to sample something special in terms of vintage, not just a modern run-of-the-mill Strat. It's really just a matter of time, and when I get to sampling a Strat, of course--there are a bunch of other electric and acoustic guitars that would be great to sample for the Evolution series as well.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks Greg. I knew you'd choose the best, and not just grab the nearest squire. Vintage is really what I'd want to see - the extra windings in the aged alnico pickups for example makes a huge difference in tone. I love the sound of John Frusciante's 62 Strat, or for that matter the 60s recordings of Clapton and Hendrix, and you wouldn't get close enough to that with a modern Strat.

I understand there are a heck of a lot of other instruments you'd like to sample with many others in the queue ahead of the strat, and that for everyone you do, you have a dozen more requests for a dozen other things, so sorry to add to that chorus. I look forward to your future guitar libraries and am happy to wait for whatever comes first. Thanks again.

Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Greg. I knew you'd choose the best, and not just grab the nearest squire. Vintage is really what I'd want to see - the extra windings in the aged alnico pickups for example makes a huge difference in tone. I love the sound of John Frusciante's 62 Strat, or for that matter the 60s recordings of Clapton and Hendrix, and you wouldn't get close enough to that with a modern Strat.

I understand there are a heck of a lot of other instruments you'd like to sample with many others in the queue ahead of the strat, and that for everyone you do, you have a dozen more requests for a dozen other things, so sorry to add to that chorus. I look forward to your future guitar libraries and am happy to wait for whatever comes first. Thanks again.
@Lode_Runner I know another guy who also hoping for an Evolution Strat (okay, as Strat is a registered trademark, it would not be called that; maybe Evolution Electric Guitar - FS?) and wants a vintage model! And as far as requests, I can say with confidence, from numerous conversations with Greg, that customer input is very much desired and people submitting their requests is welcomed.
Last edited by eDrummist on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregjazz wrote:... there are a bunch of other electric and acoustic guitars that would be great to sample for the Evolution series as well.
Here's my wishlist, more or less in order of importance (importance to me, that is):

1) Telecaster for country (especially Bakersfield) sound.

2) ES-335 or similar for jazz.

3) Classical for, well, classical.

4) Mahogany body steel string (Taylor? Larivee?).

We can dream, can't we?

Those are really similar to my list for future Evolution guitar libraries!

Though, Gibson ES-335 or an L-5? Decisions, decisions...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Greg, would it be useful to have a poll on this forum? It might turn out that a lot of users want the same one or two guitars and there are other instruments that would be valuable to only a small handful of us.

--Bob Richard

Gregjazz wrote:Those are really similar to my list for future Evolution guitar libraries!

Though, Gibson ES-335 or an L-5? Decisions, decisions...
Gibson ES-335 (Clapton, King, Eric Johnson, Beatles...)!!! Great for jazz, blues, rock and funk. That said, I love the L-5 too. Too many great choices.

eDrummist wrote:(okay, as Strat is a registered trademark, it would be called that; maybe Evolution Electric Guitar - FS?)
I'd call it Evolution Electric Guitar - Sunburst. It's quite an often finish for Strats, so why not?

EvilDragon wrote:
eDrummist wrote:(okay, as Strat is a registered trademark, it would be called that; maybe Evolution Electric Guitar - FS?)
I'd call it Evolution Electric Guitar - Sunburst. It's quite an often finish for Strats, so why not?
That's cool. But how about Evolution Electric Guitar - Stratosphere? It's obviously a play on the name Strat. It was already used for the Strat included with Mind Control, but I think it communicates that it's a Strat library in a fun way that doesn't infringe on Fender's trademark.

Evolution Electric Guitar - Maple?

I'd like to see an 8 string guitar... :D

I've always wanted to sample a guitar with 7 or more strings, mostly because I think it will work out really well with the string selection engine.

So with an 8-string guitar, do you want one low string and one high string? Or both low strings (low B and low F#)? ;)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Both low - there's nothing that goes that low on sample library market I think.

Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Greg. I knew you'd choose the best, and not just grab the nearest squire. Vintage is really what I'd want to see - the extra windings in the aged alnico pickups for example makes a huge difference in tone. I love the sound of John Frusciante's 62 Strat, or for that matter the 60s recordings of Clapton and Hendrix, and you wouldn't get close enough to that with a modern Strat.
I soooo agree! Frusciante gets great sounds out of his Strat.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”