Strawberry EEG Legato Mode - Slides using the keyboard?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi in regard to the Evolution Strawberry Guitar, I maybe missed this in the documentation, but I seem to be able to access the string sliding only by assigning the pitch wheel to it. Can we set it to be activated by legato playing as the hammer on pulloff is?

Thanks in advance.

It really would make a big difference when working with the slide layers, currently one cant eg; slide up or down a minor 6th on a string without specifically changing the value of the pitch wheels range (which then makes the pitch wheel unusable to emulate a string bend) and it also sounds synthetic this way.

If we had a modifier key to make the keyboard activated hammer/pull function change to slides as an option as well as having it on the pitch wheel this would greatly improve this instrument.

Speed of the slide could be determined by velocity etc...

The primary reason for using the pitch wheel for controlling slides rather than the traditional overlapping of notes method is to make sliding multiple notes and chords easier to play on a keyboard and simpler to sequence with. It also makes sliding into and out of notes a lot more intuitive, too.

The downside is, as you mentioned, it's difficult to slide longer distances accurately. However, you might try automating the slide range control as needed.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thanks for the reply Greg.

I understand your explanation, it makes sense and looking through the slide samples in the legato subfolder I see why it cannot be as I have suggested.

If continued development for this instrument is at all planned, then slides to and from each fret, at different speeds would be worth an upgrade payment.

Again thankyou.

Alex

Hi Alex,

The pitch wheel and overlapping notes are very different methods. I actually switched over to the pitch wheel method because people wanted to do chord slides, which is very difficult to do using overlapping notes--especially when playing on the keyboard. Like you said, it's really about having the ability to slide between any two notes at any speed.

That being said, it might be worth having both methods available. The Evolution guitar engine has seen at least four or five updates, so it's constantly evolving to add improvements based on suggestions and requests.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

HI Greg

Again thanks for this communication.

The way it is great, it is very well implemented and sound realistic especially to bend only one note while another stays at the start pitch. I am not suggesting that it is changed as I perceive it is an elegant solution.

Having an alternate mode wherin the hammer/pull layers are substituted for slides mapped to the keyboard up to an octave up and down at at least 2 different speeds would indeed be very good.

I did this for a Halion 3 instrument (using momentary key switches in megatrig) that I use and found that I did not need to record every sliding possibility from every fret to every possible interval. An Octave and diminished 5th served the purpose with sample start adjustments for in between intervals. I know absolutely nothing about scripting but am aware of the loooong hours people need to invest to make this kind of versatility a reality please dont take my statement as a negative.

I am enjoying using the EEG very much, it is an excellent product both musical and technically impressive.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Totally--I love the feedback! You're not the only user who would like to have legato slides as an additional option, too.

I'm already putting together ideas for the next iteration of the Evolution engine based on all the user feedback. I'm hoping to also simplify the interface to make it more intuitive like in the latest Evolution Electric Bass Rick sample library--particularly the way the new articulation mapping system works.

Beyond that, having a simple built-in strumming system would be another addition.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg

Thats great. When I am more familiar with the instrument I will comment further.

Alex

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”