Mesa Winds breath controller

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this question has been asked, but it looks like it has been a couple years since any further discussion has happened. Have any Mesa Winds users had success using a breath controller (like the yamaha BC-2) with the flute patches? I just purchased the sample set and I am having some challenges implementing the breath controller.
I generally use CC1 for controlling volume, but that is tied to the vibrato control, and I have not gotten it to work for volume using a modulation envelope. Any perspectives/experience?

For now, I'll look into adding a simple volume controller to it, although in the future it would be nice to have morphing dynamics--which will require re-editing the samples for a larger update.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Greg,
that would be great! The ideal would be to have CC#1 control volume and vibrato, with an adjustable envelope for each function.
thanks,
Nathan Zavalney

You can't have envelope influencing CCs.

Thank you for correcting my terminology. What I would like to have is the ability to adjust the response curve for each parameter.

Oh - that's something completely different. And possible. :)

I succesfully added very simple breath control by mapping cc#1 (which is what my breath controller is set to send) to the amp knob. The instrument still responds to vibrato control. It would be nice to have a few more expressive functions involved, but it has been very fun playing with the sounds using breath to control the volume! Next project is sustain pedal function for holding notes.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”