more wind, since passion flute ended up so excellent.

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thetechnobear wrote:any news on your flute collection :)
( tempted by passion flute in sale.)
Right now we're processing the samples, starting with the sustains. Everything has to be carefully tuned and phase-aligned so that the dynamics can seamlessly morph with zero cancellations and chorusing.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

cool, i was concerned all effort was going on the new evolution engine.

i guess 'watch this space' for news :)

That's mostly sample processing work, so Elan from Soundemote is working on that currently. I already have the basic engine for the upcoming flute collection complete.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

a blast from the past...
but your current sale, has got me wondering again about the mesa winds... and other wind instruments :)

Our solo flute collection library (piccolo, concert flute, alto flute, bass flute) is almost done with beta right now in fact, so keep an eye out for that. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

cool, passion flute and a few other things ready to complete in my basket for the sale :)
will keep an eye out for the solo flute collection

are there any plans for mesa winds? I only want to use it with breath input, so its probably only worthwhile for me if it gets the 'makeover'... but I noticed, last talk of this was 3 years ago, so perhaps shelved or low priority?
I guess if its planned (soon) I take advantage of the sale, but if its not really planned - no point now, and just wait and hope for a mesa winds 2 in the future.

Yeah, it needs a makeover to bring it up to Kontakt 5 standards. Certain elements about its current state I really like, such as the legato and overall playability. One of the other main things I'd like to work on is the ability to extend the range of the instrument beyond its natural range, or combine the different flutes into a single patch with a large range. Wind/breath controller support is another thing we need to add.

We have a lot of other libraries to update, so we don't currently have an ETA on that. It's still a very usable library, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”