adding sustain pedal to mesa winds

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought Mesa WInds. In setting it up for my preferred use I found that CC#64 does not trigger note sustain as with most instruments I use. I am not sure if it is being routed to other functions in the instrument scripting.

I tried playing with moving the main mesa script to slot 3 and putting a CC duplicator/remapper in slot 1 and the Kontak piano pedals script in slot 2. I duplicated cc64 and changed the duplicate to cc68 going to the right pedal (sustain) in the piano pedals script (I changed that pedal to respond to cc68). I am not certain that I understand the CC remapper correctly, as I set up a midi monitor and it only showed cc 68 when I pressed my sustain pedal, no cc64 (I was hoping duplicate meant it would send both-that seems to be an incorrect assumption).

Whatever the case is, I was able to get sustain on the flute sounds- I had moment of triumph then realized it was just holding the first note I played continually-no note off sent by pedal up. I could play other notes,but when I let them up the first note continued.

I want to see if others have attempted this or have any perspective.
thanks!

Don't worry, I'm still planning on getting you a customized version with CC #1 volume (and moving the vibrato to a different controller) and sustain pedal, natively built into the script. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hooray! I appreciate you backing up your product like this! I am having a lot of fun with the low g flute.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”