Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings = Questions regarding Legato, fret, slides & bends

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got my purchase of Orange Tree Samples' Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings. I have to say i love the sounds !! Flexible tuning but there are a few thing which I'll like to clarify.

1) Legato
I've tested the legato and I felt that first note sounds normal (loud depending on the velocity) but the second note onwards with Legato functions sound too soft that it sounded as if the second notes onwards aren't played. Is there a way to make the legato transition notes sound louder?

2) Fret
I've rather confused with the fret noise. Is this auto or manually triggered?? I set the fret position but I've never manage to get the fret noise sound out.

3) Bends & Slides
I've also quite confused with bends and slides. I've played around with the 3 buttons but didn't get any bending or sliding sounds for the notes regardless on whether it's first note, second note and etc.

Really wish there's some tutorial guide videos for Item 2 and 3. Thanks ! :help:

1) That'll definitely be something I address in the next update, especially making the legato more velocity-responsive, as well as essentially being able to make a trill go on forever by playing a high enough velocity to keep the string ringing.

2) The automatic fret noises get triggered when the "fretting position" control changes. If you have the fretting position control automated to a MIDI CC #, for example, it would automatically play a fret noise when changing the control. However, in the update, I want to make it so that the fret noise gets automatically triggered after phrases that are played in such a way that requires the guitar to return to the default fretting position that you've set.

3) The bends and slides are both controlled using the pitch wheel. To use the slides, you'll have to change the bend mode control to "slide". The reason I chose this method was to make it more intuitive and playable to slide entire chords, slide into notes, and create drop-offs at the ends of notes.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I can't seem to get the slide sound to sound that well. After having a note sliding, the second note sounds rather odd when i tried to reset the pitch bend level back to 0. Really appreciate if there's a tutorial guide video on the bend/slide. Any possibility of having such tutorial please? Thanks ! :(

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”