Cherry automatic up/downstrokes

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

When the picked articulation is used, the screen always shows "Picked (downstroke)", never upstroke unless I manually override with the key switches (c#-1, d-1). Is this supposed to be this way (ie. no automatic toggling between up and down)?

Regards,
Andre

Edit: I'm using Kontakt 4

If you repeat the note quickly (without big gaps between the notes), does it still stay on downstroke and not alternate?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:If you repeat the note quickly (without big gaps between the notes), does it still stay on downstroke and not alternate?
Yes, still all downstrokes.

Here's a video of what I'm doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxIkeaypGJg

I tried it in K5 Player without success either.

Hi Greg, do you need more information?

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll check it out on my computer and see if I get the same results.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

It's strange, mine is switching between down and upstrokes fine. If you try recording or sequencing a bass line and then playing it back, does it still only use downstrokes? Also, does it do the same thing when played in Kontakt standalone?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ah, if I record a sequence it works as expected. Also, it works as expected in standalone Kontakt.

BTW: the behavior is the same in Studio One (no up/downstrokes when playing live, working up/downstrokes when recorded). Weird.

Do you think there's anything you can do about it? It's not *that* urgent if it works correctly for recorded sequences, but it would still be nice.

Edit: same behavior in Sonar X3.

Ah, I just remembered what's causing this. When figuring out the pick direction, it takes into consideration where in the measure you play the note. If the transport is not moving, like if your DAW isn't currently playing or recording, it will sit at the downstroke pick direction. Kontakt standalone doesn't have this problem because while running it naturally simulates the transport playing.

To demonstrate this, try hitting "play" in your DAW and watching the pick direction, versus playing it while your DAW is stopped.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”