Slide and lap steel Feature request

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg,

I just picked up most of the rest of your libraries in your awesome group buy. As I've been working the two slide guitars into songs there is one thin I feel they are really missing: separate ranges for the up and down pitch bend. It would make these libraries way more playable for me. I would also love to see the bend modes implemented in the lap steel in the same way as glide. With the 5 modes and the incl. excl.

Anyway thanks again for the amazing deal on your amazing libraries. I'd love to own them all, but I don't have call for ethnic instruments too often.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah, I see what you mean in terms of separate up/down ranges being useful. One thing that might be helpful to you is the pitch bend "quantizing", which sets the pitch wheel range based on scale tones rather than absolute intervals.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:Ah, I see what you mean in terms of separate up/down ranges being useful. One thing that might be helpful to you is the pitch bend "quantizing", which sets the pitch wheel range based on scale tones rather than absolute intervals.
I have made great use of the scale quantizing. I often like to assign very big intervals to downward bends and just a major 2nd or minor 3rd to the upward. I've been working around it by using two instances of the instruments that I keyswitch between, but it would be very convenient to do it with one patch. It wouldn't save much on resources but It would make tweaking the effects and everything else way more simple as I would only have to do it once instead of matching setting on two separate instances.

Anyway I love your libraries as always and I'd still love to pursue that custom multiscript with you when and if you have time or interest.

Thanks,
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

What I'm currently thinking is adding that feature to SLIDE Acoustic guitar, and then also in Lap Steel Guitar, which will be updated to reflect the improvements made to the engine in SLIDE Acoustic.

Basically the way it would work is that you would have an option to split the bend range into separate up/down ranges. So enabling that button will give you two separate sliders for the bend range rather than just one.

I'd still like to pursue that multiscript--I think it's a great idea. It's just tricky getting the polyphony side of things working reliably. When I have time to work on it and figure it out, I'm sure a lot of people would find the multiscript useful!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”