Lost, Dazed and Confused on Chords and Strumming

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm totally lost on how to create a midi file to make the Strawberry play chords.
If I wanted to do the chords or have Strawberry strum this line,
"Life is (G)like a mountain railway (G7) with an (C)engineer that's (G)brave"
what would I do in the midi file.

bigcat1969 wrote:I'm totally lost on how to create a midi file to make the Strawberry play chords.
If I wanted to do the chords or have Strawberry strum this line,
"Life is (G)like a mountain railway (G7) with an (C)engineer that's (G)brave"
what would I do in the midi file.
Have you checked out the strumming options in the library? You can have it autodetect the chord you hold, and have it strum a guitar voicing. Here's a video tutorial on how to use the strum keys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoSBjKwOczE
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Basically I just need to figure out how to play guitar chords on the midi keyboard which I was trying to avoid. Was hoping for one and two key chords for majors, minors, 7ths and such.

bigcat1969 wrote:Basically I just need to figure out how to play guitar chords on the midi keyboard which I was trying to avoid. Was hoping for one and two key chords for majors, minors, 7ths and such.
Although it's a little more than holding down a single note for a chord, if you use Evolution's automatic chord detection, you only need to play a triad and it will figure out the appropriate guitar voicing. You can use triads to access the basic chord types (major, minor, diminished), but you'll need to add a 7th if you want to get chords such as dominant 7, half-dimished, major 7, minor 7, etc.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

So C E G yields C Major? C E G B yields the 7th?
Modest knowledge of keyboard, none of guitar so making sure i understand.

^^^^ That's correct.

Excellent thank you.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”