String Voicing Control - Long Cool Woman

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Greg/All:

First of all, great product. I downloaded it a couple weeks back, but had to wait for Kontakt 5 to arrive to kick it up. Messed around for a couple days, and now I'm trying to be more precise.

I thought I'd start off with "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" ... and mostly it's going fine, but I'm frustrated with the default voicings on the bluesy ostinato, pictured below. The D (shown selected) won't voice on the A string, not matter what I do with the fret position - it sounds as an open D.

I suppose I could go to one string per channel mode but I was hoping for something less forceful?

Cheers.
Bin
Untitled-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is the "open strings" option disabled? It's in the "Performance" / "Chords" section. If enabled, that will make notes to be played on open strings (when applicable) despite what the fretting position is set to.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Open strings were/are disabled in the Chords section.
Happy to ship you a midi file and preset, if that's helpful.

By way of an update - I did switch the MIDI Guitar setting to multi-channel and got all the voicings correct. Having a ton of fun, and will post the tune when I've got it in some kind of presentable shape. :)

EDIT: Actually, I have one note being voiced incorrectly even in the multi-channel mode - in one circumstance. I'll chase it down more precisely and get you more info - trying to isolate the conditions creating it.

Ok, I think I figured out what's going on with some notes jumping to the wrong string in multi-channel mode. I have the legato set to a major 2nd... when two notes are sounded where the following note is within the legato range, it is played as a legato lick on the same string, even if the two notes are on different channels.

That's my current thought anyway.

Loving the product - having entirely too much fun with it.

Ah, that could be. Feel free to email me a MIDI, though--that would be the easiest way for me to diagnose what's going on. My email address is greg@orangetreesamples.com
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Well, the experiment that created this little thread is complete. I'll post it on the demos thread too.

https://soundcloud.com/binaryrhyme/evol ... oman-riffs

Awesome! Thanks for posting the results. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”