Palm Mute Tightness...

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Greg!
It'd be awesome if you could incorporate a way to control the tightness of the palm mutes in Evolution Electric Guitar.

I noticed that the softer the palms are played the tighter they are, the palm mutes don't ring out as much, but I'd like to have more attack and volume, but with less sustain.

Kontakts Time Machine feature could work wonders for tightening up the palm mutes. It's how Spitfire Audio allows the user to control the Staccato length and tightness of their short notes.

It'd be awesome if you could do this! Oh and today is my birthday, so you could just make this my birthday present, eh? :D
Also, when are you going to sample us an 8 string electric guitar? I'm still patiently waiting. Must I buy an 8 string for you? ;)

Oh yeah, that'd be awesome to include in the next Evolution guitar engine!

When I sample a rock/metal geared guitar, I'll be sure to get more degrees of openness with the palm mute. The new morphing system in the upcoming update should be useful for morphing between the current mute, palm mute, and half palm mute articulations in EEG Strawberry.

The update is the primary focus at the moment, since it will be used in the next Evolution guitar library, and applied to the existing Evolution guitars as a free update shortly after. I have a list of guitars to sample for the new engine, so you can expect a bunch of guitar releases this year.

Any particular 8-string guitar you'd like to see?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

That's what I'm talking about! I can't wait for the update! Any idea when it will be done? :D

Any specific 8 string?... hmmm... Well definitely, being a metal guitarist myself, tension is absolutely important. I think it should have at least a 27", 28" or a 30" scale neck, so that you can keep the string gauge at a decent size, and not have to string it up with some crazy thick strings that will cause it to lose its tone and sound dull... If you think 30" seems extreme, I believe the band Meshugguh plays with a 32" scale neck. :wink:

I do know that some popular pickups used today by metal guitarists are BareKnuckle Pickup. Aftermaths by them are pretty famous, but then again they have many different pickups each with different characteristics. I've never personally had the opportunity to try some out myself, but many people will swear by them. They're also Passive pickups, which again, many metal guitarists seem to be preferring these days. You could always sample the 8 string twice, but each time with a different pick up, eh? No? Think about it... :hihi:

As for the rest of the guitar... 27" scale guitars are hard to come by without spending a ton of money, such as the Ibanez Prestige's (Great Guitars), but you can get 27" or 30" Agiles for cheap, and despite their price range, they can be very excellent guitars. I'm not picky, just get it done! :hyper:

I'm very excited about what is to come from you! :D

But if and when you do sample an 8 string, please give us the option to disable certain strings so that we can have either a full 8 string, 7 string, or even a super low tuned 6 string if we wanted that. :tu:

Alternatively, you could just sample a 9 string guitar with the two low strings and an extra high string with Lace pick-ups (Deathbar/X-Bar)... There would never be a need for any other extended range electric guitar library ever again lol :P

(Agile has 25", 27", 28", and 30" 9 string electric guitars. They also have multi-scale guitars, however I'm sure the stock pick-ups are junk and would need to be replaced with something much better. I don't know how many pick-up developers make pick-ups suitable for multi-scale guitars.)
Last edited by Godseyse on Sun May 11, 2014 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

An sampled metal guitar by Orange Tree would be simplay AMAYZIN'!!!

Definitely.

We all want one whether people want to admit it or not! :D

I'm being very careful to make the upcoming Evolution engine easy to implement more than 6 strings for a good reason... :D
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”