Evolution Guitars - How to strum all held notes?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings Evolution Strawberry

In both Strawberry and Steel Strings, I've found that when I use the Downstroke and Upstroke keys in any of the chord modes, a given stroke will only play a couple of the notes I'm holding, which makes each alternating strum sound different.

For example, if I'm holding down an A minor chord on a keyboard (which spans across the three lower strings on the guitar UI), Downstroke always only plays A and C, and Upstroke always plays C and E.

I found the Vel > Limit control, but I don't think that's it- it seems to be really consistent, regardless of what velocity I play, and the behavior seems to be the same across different instrument presets.

I went back and re-watched the Steel Strings - Chord Modes video, and it seems like the strumming behavior's the same there too; downstrokes and upstrokes are actually playing different strings... how do I make it so that the guitars always play the strings I'm holding down in a chord?

All right, it was in fact the Vel > Limit knob. I didn't think it was the case because the behavior was consistent across all presets I tried on both instruments, and because I was trying to play at varying velocities, but it looks like my velocity sensitivity isn't very good at the low end of my controller. Simply turning the feature off works fine.

When the Vel > Limit control is at 100%, it takes a velocity of 127 to strum all the strings--on most MIDI controllers, that takes a pretty hard hit to access. I don't know what the default value of the Vel > Limit control is off hand, but I imagine you had to lower it to get it to a more suitable setting for your MIDI controller.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”