Strumming is not getting recorded in Ableton

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am able to record midi notes for a certain guitar sound.

I am also able to record a chord while playing the strum pattern. But it does not get recorded as a strumming chord but just a chord played once. When I am strumming a pattern, it sounds fine and Ableton meter shows the sound playing on an armed track. However, the strumming only gets recorded as a single chord stroke. Not sure what I am not doing here. Any ideas?

Do you see the "memory usage" label increase with each strum as you record the pattern into the Evolution guitar library?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I am not creating a new strumming pattern. I am using an existing pattern and recording the actual performance on an Ableton MIDI track. The performance of the strumming does not get recorded. Only the single chord gets recorded.

Ah, I see now. Remember, the strumming patterns are happening internally. So if you're recording MIDI in Ableton, and hold down a key for the strumming pattern, the MIDI that will get recorded is the single key getting held, and not the strumming pattern data itself.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

So, how do I record it in Ableton?

Thanks!

Try going to Kontakt's options and in the "Engine" tab, enable the "Send MIDI to outsude world" option called "script generated notes".
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”