Looking to purchase Evolution Guitar, question about strumming

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a guitar VST. Done a lot of research comparing the various products (AMGL, AAS etc). One of the reasons I'm interested in Evolution Guitar is because the methodology of creating strum patterns can be done within my own DAW. The youtube demo for that was really helpful.

Couple questions.

1. When playing keyswitches to trigger down/up strums, does the velocity affect the strike of the pick? In other words, if I program or play the keyswitch with a high velocity, will that change the sound of the strum. I'm hoping this is this case, as I want to be able to make my strums sound more natural, and some of the instruments that I've demo seem to be purely on/off when triggering the keyswitch.

2. Second question is is there are way to load the supplied strum patterns and then edit them? If not how can I see those strum patterns so I can use them as a starting point for creating my own strum patterns.

Thanks!

Jennerstein wrote: 1. When playing keyswitches to trigger down/up strums, does the velocity affect the strike of the pick? In other words, if I program or play the keyswitch with a high velocity, will that change the sound of the strum. I'm hoping this is this case, as I want to be able to make my strums sound more natural, and some of the instruments that I've demo seem to be purely on/off when triggering the keyswitch.
Yes, the velocity of the down/up strum keys does affect the dynamic of the strum. You also can adjust other factors that the velocity affects, such as:

- How many strings get strummed. That way when you play softly it will only strum the first few strings instead of all of them.

- The speed of the strum. You can make it so when you play the keys softly, it does a slightly slower strum than a loud velocity.
Jennerstein wrote:2. Second question is is there are way to load the supplied strum patterns and then edit them? If not how can I see those strum patterns so I can use them as a starting point for creating my own strum patterns.
To create a strumming pattern, you essentially design it in your own sequencer and then transfer the data into the Evolution guitar library, which saves it as a strumming pattern file. Unfortunately you can't easily transfer the strumming pattern data out. I do have MIDI files for the strumming patterns that I can send you if you need to edit them.

That being said, the upcoming free update for the Evolution guitars has a new built-in strum pattern editor. That way you can create your pattern directly in Kontakt, and also edit factory strum patterns there as well.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:
Jennerstein wrote:
That being said, the upcoming free update for the Evolution guitars has a new built-in strum pattern editor. That way you can create your pattern directly in Kontakt, and also edit factory strum patterns there as well.
when will the update be released?

The upcoming EEG Stratosphere guitar sample library for Kontakt will be released first, in around 1-2 weeks. I'm not sure whether the Steel Strings or Strawberry update will happen first, but those will be in around 6-8 weeks from now ideally.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”