RAR Extractions

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK. Downloaded everything I ever bought from OrangeTree and before I make the mistakes I made years back, should I always extract the Engine first, then extract the samples, then move Samples folder into where the Engine was extracted..?

This worked before, but was wondering if there was a 1 time extraction where the Engine and Samples all extracted together in a single pass...?

Thanks Again Greg.

I usually just select both the "engine.rar" and "samples.part1.rar" files and use the "extract here" option in the right-click context menu. Both RAR files should then extract into the same location and you'll be good to go!

Here's a video tutorial example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_oxAjji7g
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Fuckin' A right.
I was doing things correctly as far as Folder combinations, but was nervous I missed something.
Your method is 100% and very comforting.

Now for Mind Control.

Read the pdf. and it says to extract Engine.
Should I also include the 3rd part of the 3 part download you sent me..?
This is something I will really look forward to using as I have an excellent Physis K4 Master MIDI Controller to have Mind COntrol replace Instrument Banks and really use Orange Tree stuff to the max.

Got the rest of the week to re create this new PC, hope you don't mind me busting your chops.

And as usual the support service is Sterling.

With Mind Control, I think that 3rd part is just the bundled samples, right? Those can be extracted anywhere--they're not really essential, but just a few bonus patches to try out with Mind Control.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Cool.
I am making a new Multi and when it's been set up I will delve into Mind Control.

Is it safe to assume it's like an instrument bank basically, except you load entire instruments, recall them as a bank, then the preset follows a bank message...?

That would really help as I am leaving the land of meat and potatoes for a much wider use of Kontakt.

I used IB's a little but ended up just having an instrument per channel. rarely even using presets.
Heavy synth and B3 work mostly with some Upright Piano.

Now I will covering much more than usual and think Mind COntrol can really help live players if used properly.

Cheerz

Oh the new Strawberry Guitar is lots of fun. Love the way to quickly add controls.
And the sound is great as usual...

diaper@ky wrote: Is it safe to assume it's like an instrument bank basically, except you load entire instruments, recall them as a bank, then the preset follows a bank message...?
Yeah, though you actually use an instrument bank itself. I do have an alternate version of Mind Control that works more like a MIDI router instead--that way you can use it with a multi instead of an instrument bank. Just let me know if you'd like me to send you this alternate version.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Indeed please do, and I can see which will be better suited for live work.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”