How to make use of velocity slide in Strawberry?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg
First, thanks for a great Strawberry update.
Then can you please tell me how to make use of Velocity slide, Quarter note slide and Eighth note slide in the Play Section. I don't think the manual explains.

Those articulations seem to be unavailable in Strawberry - but they are there in Stratosphere. I'd say since Strawberry is an older product, it has less articulations, and it would need a new set of samples to fill in these missing articulations.

Ahhh... that explains. Thanks Evildragon. You're a legend in my book. :)

Those slide articulations are available in the new version of EEG Strawberry, but they work differently than the sliding in the previous version. These replace the usual legato with a slide, so you'll need to set the legato range accordingly by how far the overlapping notes can be to trigger a slide. The different slide options determine the speed of the slide. For example, in the "velocity slide" option the velocity of the overlapping note determines the speed of the slide. The other slide articulations refer to your host's tempo and position within the measure for the speed of the slide--that way the slide can aim to hit the destination note right on the quarter note (in the case of the "quarter note slide" articulation) or an eighth note ("eighth note slide" articulation).

Hope that helps!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

That's great. But if you set the legato range higher than a major 3rd, the power chords does'nt work, I guess. Is there a way to force a note to be played on a certain string?

The MIDI guitar mode is really the best way to force notes to get played on specific strings. I could add keyswitches to do that, too, but I'm a little wary about adding too many keyswitches since the instrument could get really complex quickly.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Actually, I take that back--I'm not sure if it made the release version or not, but check the very lowest MIDI notes for keyswitches (they'll show on Kontakt's MIDI keyboard as red keys). There should be one non-latching keyswitch per string. As long as that keyswitch is held, it will force the Evolution guitar engine to play on that string. So C-2 is for the lowest E string, C#-2 for the A string, D-2 for the D string, etc.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Ha ha. Funny... but it's there, and it's actually working :D

I must have added that in the update and forgotten about it. ;)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I promise, I won't tell anybody :hihi:

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”