Fret Position: How to automate?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I'm using evolution strawberry guitar. The host is FL Studio 10. There is Fret Position control. How can i change it during the play. I don't have any pedals or MIDI keyboards. Only PC keyboard. FOund nothing about automation in the manual.
Thanks in advance

Right-click the Fretting position control, select Learn MIDI CC# automation, then send the desired MIDI CC to Kontakt. Then you can draw in this CC in piano roll to change the fret position how you want.

Thanks for reply. It has worked. But i faced with another problem.
I want to play a chord. 3 notes. I set the fret position to 5. In that position only two notes are available.
To pick the third note the fret position must be set to 0.
I have a manual but settings seems a bit complicated to me.

That's how guitar works. Either adjust the fret position to be able to play all the notes you need, or change the chord voicing so that it fits the fret position you want. :)

Let me explain in detail. I want to play the following chord:

To play botes on a 3 and 5 frets i need to set fret position to 5. But then open D unavailable. When i set fret to 0 D is available but then 3 and 5 frets are not.

You can force which string you want to play for each note by using the lowest keyswitches starting at C-2. So, play C-2 before E string 3rd fret, C#-2 before A string 5th fret and D-2 before D string 0 fret.

I don't really understood how this staff works. Sorry.
What does "play C-2 before E string 3 fret mean"?
I press C-2 key then what key i need to press to play E on the 3 fret?

3rd fret on the low E string is G, lowest G available on guitar, so you play that :)

Ok when the fretting position is 0 i can play E string on a 3rd fret.
I can play open D string also.

But how i play A string on a fifth fret. I need to play C#-2 first then what? What key is responsible?

You should know which note is which on the guitar, really...

I understand that A string on a 5 fret is D. So i can play open D but i want open A on a 5 fret. They are harmonically equivalent but sounds slightly different

So then, when you know that, you hit C#-2 then play a D, and then you hit D-2 and play that same D :)

Since you mention that it's a chord you're wanting to play, it might be something better suited for the custom chord voicings system. That allows you to specify exactly which strings and frets to use for each chord.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I have the following sequence but it is still D open played instead A on a 5th fret.
What i'm doing wrong? :(

Ah, those keyswitches need to be down 4 octaves so that they're C#-2 and D-2 (octave -2, not +2). Let me know if that works for you!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”