8-String Guitar in the works

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice! So, my birthday is bastille day... ok? (hahaha!!!)
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

It might be a little later than that, though hopefully still this month... The library is ready, so now we're waiting on the new website that can handle delivering serial keys. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Greg... please kick those website developers in the ars.... we're waiting but wanna go crazy with this beauty! Maybe some more demos of the low and high range of this cutie would keep me calm... no, guess not... I'd just be more frustrated with the webbie folks! :cry:
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

It's out right now, by the way! The official announcement will happen tomorrow. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Greg, could you comment on your decision to license this product for the Kontakt Player?

Will previous products also be ported, and if so, will there be a fee to upgrade them?

Do you think the increased sales due to piracy protection and player compatibility will offset the fees you're now paying to NI?

I know that NI's NDA restricts what you can say publicly, but I'm curious as to what motivates a developer to take this route. Obviously, your existing customer base doesn't care about player compatibility.

bbaggins wrote:Greg, could you comment on your decision to license this product for the Kontakt Player?

Will previous products also be ported, and if so, will there be a fee to upgrade them?

Do you think the increased sales due to piracy protection and player compatibility will offset the fees you're now paying to NI?

I know that NI's NDA restricts what you can say publicly, but I'm curious as to what motivates a developer to take this route. Obviously, your existing customer base doesn't care about player compatibility.
The bonus for people who already have Kontakt is that they can add the library to their "Libraries" tab. While I prefer to use Kontakt's Quick Load for accessing my libraries, I understand that some people prefer the libraries tab.

I think most people have upgraded to Kontakt 5 by now, but in case any of my customers still only have Kontakt 4, they'll be able to use Evolution Banshee through the Kontakt 5 Player.

However, the main reason we licensed the Player was to eliminate the Kontakt requirement. Even though Kontakt is one of the primary samplers our there, there are still plenty of people who don't have it.

We are planning on licensing some of our existing libraries as well as future ones. In terms of an upgrade policy for people who want the Kontakt Player version, it's still something we're working out the details for.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Sounds very interesting... but I need to hear more powerchords. Can we expect sample songs with more powerchords soon? :)

Any sort of powerchords in particular? Like super low djent-y powerchords, or more standard rock powerchords?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks for your quick reply :) I usually use my guitars with B tuning for melodic death metal, so something with fast palm mutes and powerchords - that's somewhere between super low and standard rock I guess :D

I like Banshee a lot. The palm mutes sound great, especially when I push it with a distortion pedal VST (I'm testing Bias FX right now with this).

Is there a way to do a slide when playing chords? I can do release slides, but for example, I can't do powerchord slides.

edit: ah hah! I figured out how to do chord slides! Turns out I was trying to slide too far outside of the legato range. Absolutely loving Banshee!

I bought both Banshee and Strawberry, but struggle with the mapping options. I tried to assign velocity ranges to sustain, palm mutes 2 and powerchords, so that they don't overlap. When I do so, I only hear the mutes being played, but no sustains or powerchords. Tried the same with keyswitches, with the same results in both libraries. I'm using Cubase 7.5. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Edit:
Thanks to Greg I found out that I was using velocity ranges in a wrong way. Now everything works like a charm :)
Last edited by Voltago on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is there any chance you could save the preset and email it to me? Just click on the preset name in the middle of the interface and use the "SAVE USER PRESET" option to export the preset as an NKA file.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”