Evolution Guitar Engine - Update Released!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Happy Labor Day!

We just uploaded new engine files for all the Evolution guitar libraries to bring them all to the very latest version--you can get the update(s) in the downloads section of your account on the website.

Here's the list of changes:

- Additional reverb pedals.
- Improved round-robin.
- Legato is now restricted to only happen within the same MIDI channel.

Depending on the library, there may be additional differences, such as being able to route the multitracking out separate audio channels, etc. But now all four Evolution guitar libraries are at the same version.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Awesome Greg, thanks!

To be clear, this update is just for the engine files right? No need to re-download the samples?

No need to redownload the samples. You only need to replace the NKR and NKC file.

Yup, as EvilDragon said, just the engine files. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

FYI:

Just working on an old project and noticed that the Stratosphere and Strawberry .nkc and .nkr files have different names than the old ones.

For the Strawberry the new file names are Evolution Strawberry.nkc and .nkr
The old names were EEG Strawberry.nkc and .nkr

The same goes for the Stratosphere.

Not sure if this was by design or not but fortunately I had just added a .old extension to the old files and just had to remove it to get the project to load.

Also not sure what will happen when I try to load a New instance of the lib unless I add the .old extension back to the originals...

Kind regards,
Rick

Yes please advise on what to do with the new names...

Can we rename the new names to the old for the sake of older projects?

Jon

Yeah you should be able to rename the new ones. It should just work.

rtucker55 wrote: Just working on an old project and noticed that the Stratosphere and Strawberry .nkc and .nkr files have different names than the old ones.

For the Strawberry the new file names are Evolution Strawberry.nkc and .nkr
The old names were EEG Strawberry.nkc and .nkr

The same goes for the Stratosphere.
The folders and files were renamed to prepare for licensing the Kontakt Player for them soon, so the names needed to be a little shorter. ;)

As long as you're updating from this latest generation of the Evolution guitar engine, it should swap out with the previous version with no issues. Any NKA preset files you've saved from it will also still load. If you have older projects that still reference the old folder name, you could always rename the new version's folder back to "Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry", and rename the NKI and NKR files to "EEG Strawberry.nki" and "EEG Strawberry.nkr" respectively. The old projects should then load fine. If you load a new instance of the library, it will bring up a message about missing the NKR file--to fix that, just manually search for that one file, and then resave the patch to store this change.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply, that got me fixed back up.

Thanks again for the engine updates.

Kind regards,
Rick

Gregjazz wrote:We just uploaded new engine files for all the Evolution guitar libraries to bring them all to the very latest version--you can get the update(s) in the downloads section of your account on the website.
Hi Greg!
Thanks for these - but just a short question: Did you also send emails regarding the update? Because I am not checking over here very often, so I would have to check what´s going on with your mails/my spam filters...
Regards, Hardy

This time, since they were relatively small updates we didn't send emails out. That could be something to work on for the future, though. Your account will display which products have new updates (and now it also shows which link(s) need to be re-downloaded), but if that was tied into automatic update notification emails that could be handy--as long as you aren't inundated with emails, of course.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Hi Greg, thanks for confirming!

I Understand your hesitation, which is in fact showing your regard for your customers privacy. For me, I wouldn't bother about getting all news.
But I really like your idea to handle this in connection with the new account environment: Why not make it optional in the Users Settings, that everyone can select what kind of news he/she wants to receive. Maybe you can even provide options for "Minor" and/or "Major update" information?
Regards, Hardy

That's a great idea having separate options for the types of emails to receive. It'll take a little while to set that up on the website, but that's the goal, at least having separate options for newsletter emails, product updates, etc. Having separate minor and major update notifications would be cool, too.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”