Evolution Banshee: Velocity Slide tied to Legato Range?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed this a while ago, and have been meaning to ask about this ever since. Is it by design that the range for velocity slides is tied to the legato range (up and down)? I'm personally not really a fan of that as in other guitar libraries, you can slide where ever you want to regardless of legato range settings.

There's times I personally want to do a steep power slide down for the intro of a song....but I can't because I don't like going above Major 3rd for the legato range.

Yes--the tempo-relative slide articulations and velocity slide replace the normal legato articulations (hammer on, pull off) with a slide. If you need to achieve a wider slide without having to temporarily change the legato range settings, I would recommend using the string selection override keys, located at the very bottom of the MIDI notes.

The reason we went with this approach is that it's much more flexible in the long run, especially for things like sliding octaves or holding one note stationary while sliding another.

Another option for things like sliding powerchords is to use the MIDI guitar mode as a way of setting which notes are sliding to which, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5qV4-2Jb6I0
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Does it not work this way anymore? I have now tried over an hour to get the slide to work. I started with my own music in my own project, but when I did not get that to work, I tried to replicate the exact same example as in the linked video. I can NOT get any slide to work. What am I missing?

svenh wrote:Does it not work this way anymore? I have now tried over an hour to get the slide to work. I started with my own music in my own project, but when I did not get that to work, I tried to replicate the exact same example as in the linked video. I can NOT get any slide to work. What am I missing?
I now found the setting LEGATO RANGE UP/DOWN that was set too narrow. :oops: Still, I can not get a multiple notes slide to work, but I can solve that by inserting multiple tracks with different one note slide on each.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”