Dracus: Playing chord/interal palm mutes on strum keys?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It doesn't work. The strum keys only play the lowest note of a chord/interval. Will this feature be added to a future update? It's a pretty glaring omission if this is a result of design.

The velocity of the strum keys affect the speed of the strum and how many strings get strummed. So if you're only hearing the lowest note (in the case of the downstroke strum), chances are you're playing it at a lower velocity.

When it comes to using palm mutes with the strum keys, bear in mind that the strum keys are subject to the same articulation setup that the main playing range is. So it depends on how you have the articulations set up, but you can use keyswitches, velocity layers, etc. just like you would with the main playing range.

I should mention that we are looking to add more control over how the strum keys work, so that's on our list of things to update.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

What I'm mainly talking about is playing outside of chord mode. Like manually playing the chords/intervals, which is what I do because I'm embarrassed to say that I still don't know how to work the chord mode in Dracus. :scared:

Outside of the chord mode, those two strum keys act more like "repeat last note/chord" keys. The way they work is the same, though, with the velocity affecting the number of notes strummed, their speed, etc. Like I mentioned before, that's one area we're looking to add more user-customization to in the future.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”