Generic Keyswitch Presets?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

new owner of two Evolution Guitars here :-)

They are great. However what I am missing is kind of a generic snapshot with neutral sound settings and all articulations defined as keyswitches. Mabye, because there are so many articulations, put them into a few groups that make sense and create a generic keyswitched snapshot for each one. I see myself not using all the articulations simply because by default only very few of them are mapped.

What would also - or alternatively, that is - be very helpful is a preset functionality for the Play, Strum, Tone, etc. pages individually. So I can mix my preferred keyswitch setup and test it with a bunch of Tone presets.

I can definitely see the use in that, although it's very dependent on your preferences as to where the keyswitches are mapped, etc. All the existing factory presets are meant to be instantly playable guitar tones, which is why we usually stick to simple velocity-based mappings rather than using MIDI CCs and keyswitches.

That being said, it should be pretty easy to change those to keyswitches with the new automatic default keyswitch mapping. That makes it so that when assigning an articulation to a keyswitch, it automatically uses the closest available key to the main playing range.

Another thing that's useful if you map all the articulations to keyswitches or specific conditions for your workflow, is the "lock mapping" setting in the setup page. This allows you to change factory presets without overwriting the articulation mapping.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:I can definitely see the use in that, although it's very dependent on your preferences as to where the keyswitches are mapped, etc. All the existing factory presets are meant to be instantly playable guitar tones
Yes and I very highly appreciate that! Those presets are simply excellent and a big plus over other libraries! I don't want to miss them :-)

That being said, it should be pretty easy to change those to keyswitches with the new automatic default keyswitch mapping. That makes it so that when assigning an articulation to a keyswitch, it automatically uses the closest available key to the main playing range.

Another thing that's useful if you map all the articulations to keyswitches or specific conditions for your workflow, is the "lock mapping" setting in the setup page. This allows you to change factory presets without overwriting the articulation mapping.
Ah OK, that sounds quite good! Still a little odd that every user who wants to use keyswitching now has to do the same task and setup a few presets with a bunch of meaningful articulations mapped to keyswitches. So if you could create some presets, which are as well thought-out as the rest of the instrument, this would also be highly appreciated, too! Using the lock feature I could then keep this mapping for all the other great tone presets.

Meanwhile I'll just stick with the presets and put in one or the other keyswitch when needed. The thing is, of course I can do it myself, it's just that your other presets are so well thought-out that I think if you design a keyswitch preset, it'll probably be much more playable than if I do it :-)

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”