Digital popping during strums and how to hammer on/off?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using the flatpick 6 and when I have a strum set up, even if it's just a single downstroke there is often, though not always a popping sound. I bounced the file to mp3 several times and didn't notice any popping, apparently this occurs only during playback in logic.

I was wondering the best way to notate a hammer on then a pull off before playing the next note.
E.g hammer on an E note on the D string and then pull off the E and hit the D string again. The pull off is just to get your finger off the note, not to produce a pull off sound (if that makes sense).
I am attaching a screenshot of what I am doing in logic. The sound is not satisfactory, just kind of a muffling of the D note before the next D is played. Is there a better way to do this?

thanks
hammer on.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i solved the popping by raising the i/o buffer.
I have a grip on the hammer on/off thing too.

Just as a side-note, if you need the last pull off to be more audible, you can always boost the velocity to increase its volume. We're hoping to add a "legato volume" control in the future in case you want to globally make the legato articulations louder/softer.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”