Is it possible to produce proper Scratches in Stratosphere

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to produce proper Scratches in Stratosphere?

When I say proper i mean think of Nile Rodgers where his scratches sound
full and not muted or choppy like the ones in Stratosphere..

From what I understand is that most scratches come from forming a relaxed chord on the neck but the ones in Stratoshpere sound like full palm mutes

Your documentation is not as informational as it should be...

Scratches are a technique most guitar players would want so there should be
clear information for the user to know how to produce them..

Thanks in advance...

I usually get that effect by alternating between various levels of muting, and mixing in some of the pick noises/scratches from the effects. Here's a quick example:

http://www.gregjazz.com/upload/FunkyScratchy.mp3

I'm using the "held notes only" chord mode, and then using the downstroke and upstroke strum keys to play that 16th note pattern.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Gregjazz

Thats a great example and sounds close to what I am trying to achieve so I will go and give it a try now.

I do find it frustrating that something this simple and often used by funk guitarists is left out of all of
the Stratocaster VSTi's that I have auditioned...

Thanks again...

I am kinda disappointed that no-one from Orange Tree Samples has replied to this post.

It is their software and this is the forum they tell you to post in for support!!!

Greggjazz is from OTS

event2020 wrote:I am kinda disappointed that no-one from Orange Tree Samples has replied to this post.

It is their software and this is the forum they tell you to post in for support!!!
Gregjazz is OTS and he replied to you in less than three hours!

event2020 wrote:I am kinda disappointed that no-one from Orange Tree Samples has replied to this post.
Hmmm, if only you'd had a reply from someone with, say, their association with Orange Tree Samples right there in in their signature for everyone to see.

you know, something like this:

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

In all fairness, my signature text is pretty tiny.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”