Linnstrument and midi guitar mode

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any plans for make work Evolutions Guitars with Linnstrument? Pitch bend in all channels?

I've been asking about this in multiple threads. I'm considering getting a Linnstrument in a few months and want to know if it's any good with guitar libraries.
Do you have a Linnstrument to try it out on?

I think the way to set it up would be:

1. Tune Linnstrument like a guitar. I think there's probably a preset for this.
2. Set Linnstrument to "channel per row".
3. Load Evolution Guitar and set to "MIDI Guitar Mode".

MIDI guitar mode is just a channel per row mode as I understand it.

I don't have a Linnstrument to test this out on, but it should work I think. In theory you should just need a sequencer like Reaper that records mult-itrack and multi channel recording to make it work.

If you get it to work, please let me know. It will make it a lot easier to justify the $2300 Canadian I'd be shelling out for Linnstrument in the future.

The problem is that Midi Guitar Mode don't have pitch blend in every channel, only on channel 1. The solution is to load a multiinstrument with one instrument per string. And in midi guitar mode chnnels other than 1, you hava to create a pitch blend in Kontakt sources. I load a path without effects, because not having a rack of effects on every string. And use an external rack at the output.
Its very time conuming, would be great to have a preset ready without all this problems.
But once it works, it is a joy to play Linnstrument with evolution guitars.
Sorry if its not clear, my english is very limited

It sounds like Greg and Roger Linn, or more likely Geert, should have a conversation. Evolution guitars are exactly the kind of sounds people would want to play on Linnstrument.

Are channels locked to a specific row in Linnstrument? Meaning could you only bend notes on one specific string?

Thank you a lot lafauna!
My MIDi guitar is working now because of your detailed description how to setup Kontakt
qith 6 instances of the Evolution guitar in MIDI guitar mode, adding pitchbend modulators for channels 2-6....

Peter

straught2vinil. I don't understand your question. Linninstrument is so flexible, you can comfigure as you want, very easily.
In the setup I described you can blend each string independent of the others.

Peter, glad I helped to others!

lafauna wrote:straught2vinil. I don't understand your question. Linninstrument is so flexible, you can comfigure as you want, very easily.
In the setup I described you can blend each string independent of the others.

Peter, glad I helped to others!
Sorry, I was confused by you saying you can only bend on channel 1. I get it now.

Any plans adressing this?

I guess this isn't being looked at. Damn shame. Linnstrument's layout seems like an ideal way to play fretted vst instruments.

They don't even bother to answer

hey.
bitwig has a conceptional flaw:
it doesnt recognize the midi channel and will send everything to the first free midi channel.
if you use toms generic multi script you can route each midi channel to a seperate track loaded with kontakt. just set each kontakt into midi omni
mode and you are ready to go.

so this is a solution where 2 conceptional flaws cancel out each other.

but bitwig are considering a midi rework so i am very interested in your self made pitchbend soltution. and on top having all kontakts inside one instance is better performing(memory)

what steps needs to be exactly done? a little guide would be very appreciated.
beside making this work internally by orange tree samples.

cheers
thala

ps: bitwig is only good for this one mpe task. overall reaper seem to do the mpe task perfect.

edit:
tested with bitwig 2.2
maybe it works with the bitwig 8track as well?
but you have to be careful loading different controller scripts into bitwitg since it is putting them into the mapping screen. deleting scripts will not help because mappings are saved to the projects.
so first delete the linnstrument script. add toms script. and start a new project.
if not... even a deinstalled script will still leak pitchbend into the active script.
yes. its a nightmare.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”