Evolution Songwriter - AVAILABLE NOW!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Evolution Songwriter

We are pleased to present Evolution Songwriter, a faithful reproduction of the legendary Gibson J-45, a steel string acoustic guitar that can be heard on countless singer-songwriter albums over the past decades.

This sample library was inspired by a wide range of artists, including The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, and the more modern acoustic sounds of Iron & Wine and The Dirty Projectors.

The library was developed in collaboration with William Derganc, who not only sampled the acoustic guitar, but was also closely involved with the development process, contributing factory presets, strumming patterns, and custom chord options for the library.

Evolution Songwriter is outfitted with our Evolution guitar engine which provides you with a wealth of appointments: an innovative strumming pattern editor, automatic chord detection, and a robust effects engine. The library includes many factory presets for ready-to-use classic and modern acoustic guitar tones that fit right into the mix.

Video Demos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEerdRb-tIA

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Heart Swell
Demo #2: Simple Steps

Key features:
  • 11.2 GB of samples, covering articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, guitar body hits, and much more.
  • Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
  • Built-in pattern editor for authentic strumming tracks.
  • Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
Pricing:
$139 USD (regularly $179). This $40 off introductory discount lasts until December 1st, 2017.

Format:
This sample library is powered by the KONTAKT Player, so it does not require any additional software.

Downloads:
User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Evolution Songwriter sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Evolution Songwriter directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

So, the install for Evolution Songwriter DOES NO WORK !
Not so impressed by this lack of tech support, how do I get my refund ?

I'm not sure what you mean by the lack of tech support. I just responded to your email, so hopefully we can sort this out. If you're running into error messages when trying to extract the sample library, double-check that the file sizes of the RAR files match what's listed in the installation instructions. If even one of the RAR files is incomplete, that could cause an error message like what you ran into.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

noynekker wrote:Not so impressed by this lack of tech support, how do I get my refund ?
OTS has some of the best customer support around, other companies only wish they had support like OTS.

Indeed, their support is second to none. Immediate response.
Meanwhile, this new Evolution Songwriter is just amazing. It's a Gibson J-45 and a perfect companion to the Evolution Steel Strings, which is a Martin D16R. Simply incredible instruments. OrangeTreeSamples are best in class.

I´ve got 3 OTS products, the latest I bought was the hollowbody blues electric. What is the main characteristic of this latest Songwriter? I have watched all the OTS tutorials, I presume the paying features are the same. And the samples, how it sounds, makes the different to the other OTS steel string acoustics?
Of course I know that every guitar has its feeling and sound - have about 10 guitars, e.g. Martin D-28, Guild M-40 and K.Yairi DY4012V 12-string.
But with the real guitar it is a bit different - I mean its good to have sampled guitars of different genres, but I liked to see some special new playing features with each different acoustics guitar, in addition to the samples.
BTW, I agree with the good customer care by Greg, and I should know, because I have often bad days, when installing and everything with the compter goes wrong.

Well, for me and at the moment, although both are great for strumming and picking, I’m often using the Evolution Steel Strings for strumming chords while experimenting with the Evolution Songwriter for picking patterns. Again, both will do both just as fine, and it is great to have these famous acoustic guitars available at your fingertips. The new Songwriter Gibson instantly brings Joni Mitchell to mind, or The Beatles, or indie folk bands. Just wonderful.

Harry_HH wrote:What is the main characteristic of this latest Songwriter? I have watched all the OTS tutorials, I presume the paying features are the same. And the samples, how it sounds, makes the different to the other OTS steel string acoustics?
That's correct, it's mostly the sound of the guitar itself that is the distinguishing factor. In the case of Evolution Songwriter, its tone is very even, and easy to fit into the mix. Evolution Steel Strings has a softer sound overall, and more resonance in the lower notes. In contrast, Flatpick 6 is pretty bright sounding, with a heavy attack.
Harry_HH wrote: But with the real guitar it is a bit different - I mean its good to have sampled guitars of different genres, but I liked to see some special new playing features with each different acoustics guitar, in addition to the samples.
I know what you mean--fortunately, we do have some upcoming guitars (including acoustic guitars) with special playing features and elements that make them really unique, besides just being tonally different. You bring up a good point, though, and I'd definitely love experimenting with additional articulations and other playing features in future guitar libraries.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I'm thinking about purchasing, but read through the manual and didn't see anything about adding pick scrapes. Surely this is an articulation you can add in Evolution Songwriter?

Hi Gregg,

did you see Indiginus' new Acoustic library...? I think, there are some nice ideas for improving the Evolution Acoustics Series; for example the Harmony feature.
Really hope, that we will see some improvements in terms of playability/features in the future, since your sound is definitely top of the pops, but for a premium product I have the feeling that you are a little bit behind the gang...

Just asking, and challenging your developers ambition ;-)...

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”