Request for better MIDI programming

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Greg, I've been loving my OTS guitars. I recently started to really get into programming them via MIDI for more realism. I've been taking advantage of the custom chord modes to get what I want, but it still feels a tad awkward at times having to use a custom chord to play a particular voicing, especially if you need an open string. Even worse, you seem to limit it 5 custom chords at a time.

I just saw that Ample has a "Riffer" mode that was introduced sometime recently, and I have to say they have nailed it with the ability to specify which note on which string with a given strum or articulation in a really easy to read format. Is there any chance you could be planning a similar feature on the OTS guitars? It would make programming them so much easier and help with the realism. The ability to do Tab notation would be a huge plus as well.

Thanks and keep up the good products!

DanBailiff wrote:you seem to limit it 5 custom chords at a time.
Once you fill up those 5 slots, more appear. I'm not sure about the maximum, but it's a lot. Semi-related to that, it will recognize all sorts of extended chord and inversions, but also single notes and fifths in case you wanted easier keyswitching.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”