TC: LOTR Tribute [Orchestral]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All

something different from me

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=887

A Tribute to the music of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings Trilogy from melodies by Howard Shore.

I was watching ALL the extended versions and after getting a fantastic string sound from a soon to be released soundset from BITR ( TSW Expansion) I got inspired and figured out some of the melodies by ear, and played them in one fell swoop, then did a few layers and arrangements. Came off OK, but would like comments. This is like an orchestral piece. More details laters.

Now I bet theres LOTS of LOTR fans here..so I would like your comments!

:shock: 8) 8)

Nicely executed there Tim.
liked it.
Seems it`s somehow pumped up so high that it comes over sounding harsh/harmonically distored.
This sort of Irish traditional should be more prestine sounding i`d think.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Nicely executed there Tim.
liked it.
Seems it`s somehow pumped up so high that it comes over sounding harsh/harmonically distored.
This sort of Irish traditional should be more prestine sounding i`d think.

yeah...I noticed that , and made a remix last night..will upload it soon.

EDIT

OK...updated it..( same link) ....it should be better...lemme know..it may sound different on other systems.

Just some TECH NOTES:

Started with an excellent string sound from a new sample set for WusikStation coming out called TSW Expansion ( from BITR)Got really inspired by this string sound and went for it.

Layed a VOX'D preset ( WusikStation again)for the steel string and vocal layer.Used Tracktions automation to bring it in and out.

The flute is from EVE's Mellotronix set..great flute sound!

The trumpet is from a soon to be released set by ZVON for EVE. I did some presets. ZVON Horns!!

nayway...there it is. Comments welcome and would like to hear from LOTR fans here.

Ah, Shore's melody that you use at the beginning is one of my favorite motifs EVER! There's just something about it that touches a nerve with me... gives me chills every time I hear it.

Nice job man, I really dig the LOTR soundtrack, and this was a nice take on it, though pretty conservative. You could definitely stand to beef up the arrangement and add nuance.

very nice! im a big, big fan of Shore. interesting fact: dont know if you noticed, but he has a different theme for all of the main characters in the lord of the rings films.

nice work Tim, puts me in the mood to watch the movies..but I've got to go set up for a gig tonight.
I like that steel string

dasjambo wrote:very nice! im a big, big fan of Shore. interesting fact: dont know if you noticed, but he has a different theme for all of the main characters in the lord of the rings films.

yeah...I noticed..wonderful stuff...but could not incorporate all of those in this little piece( and I would have to learn them by ear) Maybe another project. Next I want to learn the main "ring" theme which is what usually opens the films..gives me chills.

My only "grudge" on Shores work , while I was watching ROTK, was that in *some* of the battle sequences, the music was very weak. Could have been stronger. But the main themes are just wonderfull..very hard to score for 16+ hour film :-)

Doing this piece inspires me to try more orchestral styles as I tend to go off on the space stuff. But I guess you can incorporate orchestral with space too! :lol:

Arglebargle wrote:Ah, Shore's melody that you use at the beginning is one of my favorite motifs EVER! There's just something about it that touches a nerve with me... gives me chills every time I hear it.
The LOTR theme that gives me the chills is when they are leaving Edoras for Helm's Deep. That solo violin is so haunting.

And the brass when Aragorn rides back to Helm's Deep after washing down the river.

Etc,etc. :D

Nicely done. The performance and the trumpet! Great Gwahir, the TRUMPET! That sounded marvellous. How about a follow up? I bet you could do a nice treatment of that wonderful Rohan motif... :love:
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Scot Solida wrote:Nicely done. The performance and the trumpet! Great Gwahir, the TRUMPET! That sounded marvellous. How about a follow up? I bet you could do a nice treatment of that wonderful Rohan motif... :love:

YEAH...now I gotta learn it first...that means I gotta put on the movie again :-)

However one thing with Shores melodies...they are easy to learn, and they stick in your head.

and wish i could ride Gwahir like Gandalf!

been re-reading the trilogy as well. Sure wish they could make a seperate movie of Tom Bombadill, but noticed they put his words in the mouth of Treebeard a lot and use those chapters as good sourse material, so not completly unthought of.

tconrardy wrote:but noticed they put his words in the mouth of Treebeard a lot and use those chapters as good sourse material, so not completly unthought of.
They also gave the "The world is changing" that Treebeard says in the book to Galadriel for the opening sequence in the movie.

The way I heard Jackson explain it was that, although we don't see the Bombadil sequence, it doesn't mean that it didn't or couldn't have happened. We just didn't see it in the movie. I remember feeling a bit dizzy at how fast we got from the Shire to Bree - but the guy had to fit a heckuva lot of storytelling into 3 hours. I've probably watched FOTR than any other movie I've ever seen.

A friend also pointed out that there is a unique theme that plays when Gandalf is looking at the map of lonely mountain at the beginning of the movie. Seems very likely that we'd hear it reprised if a Hobbit film is ever made.

Anybody familiar with the Jeremy Soule theme to Morrowind? Part of me wishes that it had been in the LOTR movies. A great theme - but I definitely love Shore's work.

strunk wrote:Anybody familiar with the Jeremy Soule theme to Morrowind? Part of me wishes that it had been in the LOTR movies. A great theme - but I definitely love Shore's work.
Not familiar with Morrowind, but I'm a big fan of Jeremy Soule.

I haven't listened to this track. At first I loved the LOTR music but after sitting through all three films, I'm not sure I want to hear it again for at least another ten years...
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:I haven't listened to this track. At first I loved the LOTR music but after sitting through all three films, I'm not sure I want to hear it again for at least another ten years...
wow...must have seen the first one 8 times in the theatre. Second one about 4 times and the 3rd 4 times..but with the extended versions, you can see each film 4 times with all different commentaries, so plenty of room to be saturated with the music!

I don't think just one sitting would do it for me.

8) :shock:

wow you really love those films! I watched the first one many times, loving the music and was desperate to see the others asap, but when they eventually arrived I found them kind of glib and formulaic ("oh 20 mins have passed, must be time for Sam to get all emotional *again* and to play that syrupy theme..") :shrug:
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”